Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread 2023

It has to be harder to get loan players in league one unless they are football babies with all the premiership and the championship having 9 substitute options every week - grounds like Bournmouth and Luton will be nearly full just with teams. 

If we are looking at loans then I think we still need to be realistic about the kind of player we can attract. I know Carlos Borges was suggested a few times after he absolutely ripped us to shreds in the Pizza Cup last season.

He’s seemingly on the verge of joining West Ham for £14mil. Football is now at a state where top academies can sell youth players who are yet to make a senior appearance for around 1/3 of what David Clowes paid for our entire club.

19 minutes ago, Srg said:

Reading do seem to be putting a decent side together. Which is crazy considering all their financial problems. Just seem to have the embargo removed then carry on as normal. 

Similar to what we did last summer when we were finally able to bring players in

1 hour ago, jimbobram said:

Lewis wing always seems to score against us. Always looks a handful. Reading linked with hijacking the deal from qpr. We could deffo be a more desirable club than reading 

If Wing looks like playing in League One next season and is currently a free agent, we should definitely be talking with him. And showing him around Moor Farm!

8 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

If Wing looks like playing in League One next season and is currently a free agent, we should definitely be talking with him. And showing him around Moor Farm!

And not letting him leave till he’s signed 

1 hour ago, jimbobram said:

Lewis wing always seems to score against us. Always looks a handful. Reading linked with hijacking the deal from qpr. We could deffo be a more desirable club than reading 

If you live in Wycombe, Reading is an easy move if you have kids etc

17 minutes ago, sage said:

If you live in Wycombe, Reading is an easy move if you have kids etc

People forget this when they say about players moving clubs and we should be beating the likes of such and such to signings. We have very nice training facilities, stadium and 30k fans but it's a new house and a new city (which ours is looking more of a **** hole every time you go into it) I do sometimes wonder if that genuinely puts players off, can't just take them to Duffield and hope they don't see the town 😂

9 hours ago, DCFC1388 said:

Similar to what we did last summer when we were finally able to bring players in

Hardly, we signed a load of grandads. They’ve signed Knibbs and Smith, look favourites for Wing too. 

42 minutes ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

The oldest player we have signed so far is 31. Bradley is 30 the rest are under 30 hardly grandads. 

I was clearly making a comparison to our last summer, as that is more relevant to Reading this summer. Knibbs and Smith both under 25, Wing under 30  

And my original comment was about them seemingly putting together a good side, not that they’ve already done it. 

8 hours ago, YouRams said:

People forget this when they say about players moving clubs and we should be beating the likes of such and such to signings. We have very nice training facilities, stadium and 30k fans but it's a new house and a new city (which ours is looking more of a **** hole every time you go into it) I do sometimes wonder if that genuinely puts players off, can't just take them to Duffield and hope they don't see the town 😂

Agree. I moved from Derby ( born and bred) 40 years ago and in the occasional times I return, I feel so sad to see the state of the city. Looks really run down. And as for the beautiful Friargate bridge, don’t get me started. I can understand why footballers would be put off.

Not sure why people are banging on about Lewis Wing. Apart from a decent spell at Wycombe last season the rest of his career is very ordinary looking at Wiki for a 28 year old . Not rated by Boro and Wednesday fans , I’ve probably only seen him play a couple of times and not really noticed him. 
Could be a late developer and L1 is his level but nothing he has done so far suggests he will be a game changer for whoever he signs for . 
Obviously only my opinion and he might crack in 20 goals from midfield. 😁