Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread 2023

9 hours ago, JakeDCFC said:

Decided to look around at upcoming free agents that have pretty solid value after the seasons they've put in last year and was curious what you guys would think about Derby possibly bringing in some of them? 

Archie Collins

Joe Ward

Sam Smith (not the singer)

Josh Key 

Macauley Bonne 

Matthew Pennington 

Cameron Brannagan 

Michael Hector 

Luke Thomas

Harvey Knibbs 

There is a ton of quality free agents available so feel free to bring up any others that you may have seen or liked. 

44 minutes ago, Srg said:

Pretty much all of these bar Luke Thomas (because we've had him and he's a knobber) have been mentioned in the transfer suggestions thread.

This might be a different Luke Thomas to the one we had on our books. 

It would help stop any confusion and help identify the player, if their current club is put alongside their name.

1 minute ago, 1of4 said:

It would help stop any confusion and help identify the player, if their current club is put alongside their name.

It is the same Luke Thomas, but I will be sure to name the teams in a sec for sure

9 hours ago, JakeDCFC said:

Decided to look around at upcoming free agents that have pretty solid value after the seasons they've put in last year and was curious what you guys would think about Derby possibly bringing in some of them? 

Archie Collins

Joe Ward

Josh Key 

Macauley Bonne 

Matthew Pennington 

Cameron Brannagan 

Michael Hector 

Luke Thomas

Harvey Knibbs 

There is a ton of quality free agents available so feel free to bring up any others that you may have seen or liked. 

Bonne is useless wouldn’t want him even as a squad player, and I don’t think Warne would want thomas for multiple reasons 

20 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

Archie Collins - Exeter City 

Joe Ward - Peterborough 

Sam Smith - Cambridge United 

Josh Key - Exeter City 

Matthew Pennington - Shrewsbury 

Cameron Brannagan - Oxford United 

Michael Hector - Charlton 

Harvey Knibbs - Cambridge United 

Edited by JakeDCFC

1 minute ago, Black ('n' White) Sheep said:

Cauley Woodrow on loan from Luton. 28. Didn't have the best of seasons last season, but solid scoring stats at his previous club and a good work rate. Someone to potentially lead the line?

He'd be a pretty good shout

13 minutes ago, Black ('n' White) Sheep said:

Cauley Woodrow on loan from Luton. 28. Didn't have the best of seasons last season, but solid scoring stats at his previous club and a good work rate. Someone to potentially lead the line?

Excellent player. Was outstanding at Barnsley. He’d be a class above at this level. I think a champ club would take him if he were to be available. 

2 hours ago, JakeDCFC said:

Archie Collins - Exeter City 

Joe Ward - Peterborough 

Sam Smith - Cambridge United 

Josh Key - Exeter City 

Matthew Pennington - Shrewsbury 

Cameron Brannagan - Oxford United 

Michael Hector - Charlton 

Harvey Knibbs - Cambridge United 

Think Brannagan has signed a new contract or is under contract so unlikely.

13 hours ago, JakeDCFC said:

Archie Collins

Joe Ward

Josh Key 

Macauley Bonne 

Matthew Pennington 

Cameron Brannagan 

Michael Hector 

Luke Thomas

Harvey Knibbs 

Ward and Brannagan signed extensions.

Key and Collins have been offered deals by Exeter so will require compensation. Expect Championship clubs to offer them higher wages.

Pennington would be my backup option at RCB if we fail to get Harding.
I have a feeling we'll sign Knibbs and Smith.

Bonne hasn't shown enough since stepping up from non-league, Hector is an expensive injury risk, whilst Thomas is a knob

No idea of their names or quality but several Premier League sides (Spurs, Liverpool, Chelsea and United) have announced their retained lists with a number of academy players moving on. I wonder if there’s the odd rough diamond amongst them for us to either add to our academy squads or perhaps to bolster the first team 🤔 

10 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Not named, but a 'top League One club'. Obviously that's out for debate. The only club ruled out is Charlton, the author replied.

Wouldn't fill me with too much confidence, has picked up a fair few injuries, stop-start few seasons. 

3 goals in 58 games, hardly prolific

12 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Not named, but a 'top League One club'. Obviously that's out for debate. The only club ruled out is Charlton, the author replied.

Wouldn't fill me with too much confidence, has picked up a fair few injuries, stop-start few seasons. 

Winger? 3-5-2 can’t see it

38 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Replies to that Tweet from Millwall fans are mixed, some are gutted to see him go and think it’s a bad move by the club that could bite them on the bum while others seem to imply a capable player with a bad attitude, not willing to track back.

Those suggesting he has a bad attitude make me think he wouldn’t be a Warne type player given his comments about wanting players who put the collective before themselves. Perhaps a Portsmouth/Barnsley/Bolton type club are the bidders

3 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Ward and Brannagan signed extensions.

Key and Collins have been offered deals by Exeter so will require compensation. Expect Championship clubs to offer them higher wages.

Pennington would be my backup option at RCB if we fail to get Harding.
I have a feeling we'll sign Knibbs and Smith.

Bonne hasn't shown enough since stepping up from non-league, Hector is an expensive injury risk, whilst Thomas is a knob

Are you sure about Ward? I can't find any news of contracts beyond June 23