Walkers salt and vinegar

Osbaldwick

These crisps are now inedible. Presumably the recipe has changed as they are now branded as seriously strong, but they taste sour and mouldy and yes the packet was in date and I have attempted a few different batches only to throw them away. I’ll have to move to prawn cocktail and nobody needs that. Feck Lineker. 

1 hour ago, Osbaldwick said:

These crisps are now inedible. Presumably the recipe has changed as they are now branded as seriously strong, but they taste sour and mouldy and yes the packet was in date and I have attempted a few different batches only to throw them away. I’ll have to move to prawn cocktail and nobody needs that. Feck Lineker. 

Pipers salt and vinegar are great, as are M&S’s.

1 hour ago, Osbaldwick said:

My mate had some in the pub at the weekend and i thought the beer was off. Crazy amounts of vinegar

Pipers are alright, I’ll try m and s thanks. The walkers baked are an abomination, taste like the flavour has been painted onto card board, I wonder if these new fangled ‘crisps’, they aren’t crispy, have changed the manufacturing process for their normal crisps. Might start crisp rebellion and lock on to Alan Shearer. 

I remember when crisps WERE crisps. favourites of mine were Walkers S&V french fries and Seabrooks prawn cocktail where you could see the millions of real salt crystals coating every last crisp. Good old days.

Ooh, that reminds me.....must take my blood pressure meds.

6 hours ago, Wolfie said:

I remember when crisps WERE crisps. favourites of mine were Walkers S&V french fries and Seabrooks prawn cocktail where you could see the millions of real salt crystals coating every last crisp. Good old days.

Ooh, that reminds me.....must take my blood pressure meds.

Nah, crisps were crisps when they had a little blue bag of salt in them that you had to add yourself, Smiths crisps, then Golden Wonder came along with their ready salted, absolute game changer.

10 hours ago, Osbaldwick said:

I didn’t know this was a thing, but @EtoileSportiveDeDerby mentioned it too. Thanks both. Will try it. Does this mean they go off if not refrigerated? How bizarre.

A few years back on this very foruome people debated the virtues of putting crisps in the fridge. Tbh I have no idea what the result is, good or bad

37 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

Nah, crisps were crisps when they had a little blue bag of salt in them that you had to add yourself, Smiths crisps, then Golden Wonder came along with their ready salted, absolute game changer.

If you were lucky there'd be more than one bag of salt.