Alfie May - joined Charlton

JfR

11 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

We could get another midfielder in by the name of Thompson and we would have the Thompson Twins 😊

Has Big Trav been feeding you? 😆

41 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

We could get another midfielder in by the name of Thompson and we would have the Thompson Twins 😊

Yes but then we would have to get an extra Doctor Doctor to hold me nowwwwwww , there would be no sisters of mercy for opposing teams . ........................................I will get my coat lol .

P.s The finest pop band there ever was Oooooooooooo im humming a tune now . 

Edited by NottsRammy

2 hours ago, NottsRammy said:

Yes but then we would have to get an extra Doctor Doctor to hold me nowwwwwww , there would be no sisters of mercy for opposing teams . ........................................I will get my coat lol .

Hold Me Now is a stonkingly great tune though pushing it to say finest pop band ever 

20 hours ago, GangwayD said:

Lots of rumours flying around about this one.

Looks a decent player for our level but not sure I’d want us to throw £250,000 or certainly not £500.000 on a 30 year old, even if we do get a decent windfall from a Knight and/or Bielik sale. 

Not in the age bracket that we all know we need so I doubt we are in for him.

That’s my take on this one, 

Regards 

Gangway D from the terrace 

You suggesting he’s off to Fleetwood then? 
Fleetwood Mac Rumours GIF by NPO Radio 2

3 hours ago, NottsRammy said:

I think they might have been from Chesterfield.

Scored 20 goals in a poor Cheltenham team, for 200k he is well worth the gamble imo.

Scored against us, Ipswich, Plymouth, Sheff W, Wycombe & Peterborough so can do it vs the top teams in the league whi h who we struggled against last season.

Some brilliant & clinical finishes in the below video of his goals last season.

Edited by DCFC1388

4 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Scored 20 goals in a poor Cheltenham team, for 200k he is well worth the gamble imo.

Scored against us, Ipswich, Plymouth, Sheff W, Wycombe & Peterborough so can do it vs the top teams in the league whi h who we struggled against last season.

Would be a signing I'd be quite excited about , dont think he's on our radar for some reason though 

2 minutes ago, dcfcreece1601 said:

Would be a signing I'd be quite excited about , dont think he's on our radar for some reason though 

Their local journo says we still hold an interest. I find it interesting Charlton have had a bid accepted 2 weeks ago but the deal hasnt been finalised.

44 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Some lovely goals to be fair to him, and a variety too. Some spectacular from range, some opportunistic, some poacher’s efforts, left foot, right foot. Particularly like the one against Plymouth when he slowed up the cb then dragged the ball one way and finished into the bottom corner. 

39 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Their local journo says we still hold an interest. I find it interesting Charlton have had a bid accepted 2 weeks ago but the deal hasnt been finalised.

That's interesting. Would suggest he's waiting for a better offer to come in (or it has, and he's finalising the paperwork).

It never hurts to sign a guy for so little who is coming off two excellent seasons, and in a position we're desperate to enhance.

7 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Some lovely goals to be fair to him, and a variety too. Some spectacular from range, some opportunistic, some poacher’s efforts, left foot, right foot. Particularly like the one against Plymouth when he slowed up the cb then dragged the ball one way and finished into the bottom corner. 

Agreed, he looks to have a bit of everything. My favourite was against Shrewsbury where he turned the ball out wide to the winger then got his head down to get into the box and on the end of the cross. Too many times last season we'd hit a cross in to nobody. Plus he looks like he can break the line and beat people for pace! Exciting!

4 minutes ago, NorwichExile said:

Agreed, he looks to have a bit of everything. My favourite was against Shrewsbury where he turned the ball out wide to the winger then got his head down to get into the box and on the end of the cross. Too many times last season we'd hit a cross in to nobody. Plus he looks like he can break the line and beat people for pace! Exciting!

Yeah, I feel like I’d assumed the type of player he was and that highlight suggests he’s a bit more “complete” than I thought. I know it’s not a full analysis of his play and it’s “only” the goals, but quite the collection last season. Composure and finishing, decent touch, good movement, if the rumours of a few hundred grand for the fee are true it seems a good option. Pair him up front with Washington/Collins or A.N Other and we’d see some goals from the lad.