NEW KIT

REDCAR

3 hours ago, EnigmaRam said:

Hopefully it’s soon. It’s nice to get a new kit for the friendlies and to wear on holiday!!

I asked in the club shop on Friday and they're expecting the new kit for sale in early August.

Seems a bit odd to miss out on the holiday season, but with the store being ran by Fanatics, I wonder how much the club actually get from shirt sales.

9 minutes ago, estinnes said:

I asked in the club shop on Friday and they're expecting the new kit for sale in early August.

Seems a bit odd to miss out on the holiday season, but with the store being ran by Fanatics, I wonder how much the club actually get from shirt sales.

That’s seems a bit bonkers if so

1 hour ago, estinnes said:

Yeah crazy that is. Miss a trick really. Like you say people are going on holiday and would buy it before they go.

Crazy we would go through all of pre season playing in last season's kit. 

28 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Yeah crazy that is. Miss a trick really. Like you say people are going on holiday and would buy it before they go.

Crazy we would go through all of pre season playing in last season's kit. 

I think we will wear the new kit on Sat so unveiled Friday or Saturday monring, it doesnt usually go on sale straight away anyway so August does seem about right, although I agree it should be on sale earlier

6 hours ago, estinnes said:

There's a video from hashtag united talking about how their deals were structured with hummel. Is worth a watch to get some understanding 

Basically they sign with a supplier for x fee, then see nothing until a certain amount is sold then negligible amount from each sale thereafter

Not sure if it’s a hangover from the Mel Morris experiment, but it’s inexcusable not to get the new shirt out at the very latest by the end of June. I assume it’s something the club will want to get on top of going forward - makes no sense waiting until the last minute, which means I can only assume there was a delay in the process to get it on order. 2

2 hours ago, ram59 said:

The new kit design couldn't be finalised before the shirt sponsor was sorted, wasn't this announced only 6 days ago?

Of course it could, the sponsors are rarely incorporated as part of the design, just stuck on top of it. Made easier / less obvious when the front of your shirt is 90% the same colour, more obvious on stripy shirts.

Edited by Kokosnuss

image.thumb.png.5c451bd9a0c1b0e1460f59f2734263df.png

Now obviously this is not a Derby County Kit, and it's obviously not an Umbro kit either so I'm not saying I think this will be what our away kit will be like.

But, I do think it helps us visualise what a  simple black kit with our new suite of colours could look, and I like the idea of that for an away or third kit

I see Brentford have gone for a two year cycle on their new Umbro kit.

Conscious we can't do that this year given sponsorship and kit manufacturer deals but would be nice to go back to doing this when the current deal ends...I think the last time was the navy/lemon Joma away kit, although even that changed material halfway through?

Edited by MK-Ram
Further commentary re: Joma quality

I see Umbro seem to be releasing 1 kit a day. 
Huddersfield - Ipswich - Bournemouth - Brentford. All top 2 tier clubs. That would leave West Ham, Burnley and Luton (I think). Not sure if we’d fit in with them too. Shrewsbury also in the mix. 
I’d be shocked if it wasn’t released before the weekend but we also seem to be really late releasing kits. I’m sure one year we never had an away kit released until September