Portsmouth (H) Sat 29th April

8 minutes ago, Andrew1 said:

I didn’t stay, my lad and dad didn’t want to either.  It just felt odd when we don’t know our fate, and it might not be the last game at Pride Park this season…

It’s a valid point and I wouldn’t criticise anyone for not stopping everyone to their own. But, you could take a contrary view, what if this was the last time you see them play this year?

On a separate note, obviously I don’t know her personal circumstances and maybe she has to catch the last bus home or something but, there is a lady a few rows in front of me in the East Stand that always leaves with at least 10 minutes remaining. Today she left on 77 minutes so there was at least 15 minutes left to play in a finely balanced and very important game.🤷🏻‍♂️

1 hour ago, ram59 said:

To be fair. from my view point in the lower east, the amount of people who stayed for the lap of honour was disappointing in all of the stands, this is a criticism.

Quite a few did the usual rush out 10 minutes before time near us. Imagine the scenes would have missed if we had scored. 

18 minutes ago, Andrew1 said:

I didn’t stay, my lad and dad didn’t want to either.  It just felt odd when we don’t know our fate, and it might not be the last game at Pride Park this season…

I think even when we have been in play offs, there as always been a lap of honour at the last home league match.

9 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

On a separate note, obviously I don’t know her personal circumstances and maybe she has to catch the last bus home or something but, there is a lady a few rows in front of me in the East Stand that always leaves with at least 10 minutes remaining. Today she left on 77 minutes so there was at least 15 minutes left to play in a finely balanced and very important game.🤷🏻‍♂️

Yes Tamworth you must sit near me, she has been doing that since PP opened, yet she goes to all away games.

A few years back after a match I did see her sitting on the front seat of one of the supporter buses waiting outside. Strange?

1 hour ago, Tyler Durden said:

Is actually pretty good that we still have a positive outcome to play for on the last game of the season. 

Probably upsets a lot of the doom mongers whom were happier when we were 7th.

If we screw things up from here then we've got no-one to blame but ourselves and not crap refs, dodgy penalties and the EFL 

Unless the EFL instruct the crap referee to give a dodgy penalty against us 😉

So we hit the post, had one whistle across the gaol and a millimetre away from the post, a shocking miss from Mendez-Wang, and their keeper made a load of great saves. We were awesome in the first phase of the match, and at that stage, rather than say we couldn't take our chances (Lang apart) it was more good keeping and bad luck. The profligacy came later on in the match, and yes, going a goal down hit us hard, and we were still bleeding from the wound into the second half. Hardest to take was that it was their first effort on goal, and wasn't really on target. Have we actually had a gaol this season where we hit the post and the ball bounced in? IE just a bit of luck? 

I have to admit when Collins came on I said "That's game over. We're screwed", and he ends up in the right place at the right time. So Gobby MacMee it is for me then, from now on. interestingly, Collins was where a striker should be and he scored. So no matter how important his off the ball work is, it is more important to do what a striker should do.

Of note today was Roberts who worked so hard down the right hand side, and his ball retention is quite remarkable, and kept quite a few attacks going. He is something of an un-noticed asset, an unsung hero. There's not much to say about the ref, but it doesn't stop me trying. I think it was Anggieram who said he was a couple of yellow cards away rom being in control. There was certainly two clear ones in the first half that he did miss, but his main failing was not clamping down on the time wasting which went on nearly all match long, or the diving, which started in the first minute, or the ridiculous "falling like flies". Their number 6 had four life-threatening head injuries in the second half, so I hope he got home alright! There were also a couple of bizarre dropped ball decisions, but overall he was reasonable. Not up to the standard of the female ref from a while ago, but not too bad.

So bring it on, Wednesday. We are waiting for you!

Probably going to sound like a miserable old git and broken record here but...today epitomised the state of todays game and why I feel so disconnected to it.

We had mid table opposition with literally nothing to play for and still they were time wasting and feigning injury!

Think the most embarrassing moment of the season was when their centre back was rolling on the floor pretending to be injured until he realised the referee was ignoring him so he got back up and just carried on as normal.

The game is in a real bad state.

40 minutes ago, angieram said:

In their defence, those down at the front made plenty of noise. But as you can see, the majority had already gone. If I had to give a prize, I'd say East Stand looked fullest. 

Thanks, me my son and grandson were still there, a girl in front of us got Cashin’s shirt.

27 minutes ago, Kathcairns said:

I think even when we have been in play offs, there as always been a lap of honour at the last home league match.

Yes, but we knew our fate, like I said - we don’t

11 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Probably going to sound like a miserable old git and broken record here but...today epitomised the state of todays game and why I feel so disconnected to it.

We had mid table opposition with literally nothing to play for and still they were time wasting and feigning injury!

Think the most embarrassing moment of the season was when their centre back was rolling on the floor pretending to be injured until he realised the referee was ignoring him so he got back up and just carried on as normal.

It was absolutely ridiculous and probably the worst it’s been this season which is bizarre.

You’d like to think realistically it shouldn’t have much of an effect on games but the breaking up of our momentum at 0-0 was so cynical and blatant, and they scored a few minutes later. Although should still defend the situation better of course.

17 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I was thinking the same. Why bother with all the injury feigning when it's no real big deal if you win, lose or draw. It must be so ingrained into the tactics they can't turn it off.

The ref didn't help at one point when he stopped the game. Perhaps the refs should ask a player if he should stop the game when "injured". If the player doesn't answer or says yes, they have to take 5 minutes off the pitch.

15 minutes ago, Andrew1 said:

Yes, but we knew our fate, like I said - we don’t

Cant see what difference that makes really, f we dont get in the playoffs it will be our last home match, and alot of the kids like to see the players come round.

4 minutes ago, Kathcairns said:

Cant see what difference that makes really, f we dont get in the playoffs it will be our last home match, and alot of the kids like to see the players come round.

Well, I think that there is, and my kid wasn’t bothered…. That’s no criticism of those that felt it was right to stay, or the club for doing it, but it looks like many thought the same as we did.  Each to their own.  It just felt flat to me, both at the end of the game and the walk away from the ground.

Edited by Guest

5 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

I was thinking the same. Why bother with all the injury feigning when it's no real big deal if you win, lose or draw. It must be so ingrained into the tactics they can't turn it off.

The ref didn't help at one point when he stopped the game. Perhaps the refs should ask a player if he should stop the game when "injured". If the player doesn't answer or says yes, they have to take 5 minutes off the pitch.

I hope the goalie has recovered from that broken ankle after 20 mins .  Likewise their player Rafferty who went down with 10 mins to go holding his face, looked up 3 times till the ref stopped play then began holding his leg.  Loved how the ref gave them the ball to start an attack straight after rather than a drop ball when we were 20 yards from their goal.   Think one broke his arm as well.  For 20 seconds till he realised no-one had seen this ghastly injury.  Quick mention for the fella with broken ribs for that Hourihane boot the never touched him. it truly was a tremendous feat of telekinesis I've only previously seen in films like Carrie by our midfielder, he should do it more often.

As usual I would implore you all to maintain a candle light vigil for those brave warriors who risked their lives for Portsmouth today. One poor soul had such a bad head injury that he immediately jumped up in confusion when the referee didn’t stop the game. I am sure I speak for us all when I wish the Portsmouth fans praying outside the Royal tonight all the best and hope that a crowdfunding page is set up soon for the families of those players so horrifically disfigured in what can only be described as a blood path. No one should witness such injuries and I hope all the youngsters who had to see it recover. 

I am sick of watching this embarrassing s***.

14 minutes ago, Kathcairns said:

We will get Into play offs stay postive for god sake.