Exeter City (A) Tues 18th April

18 hours ago, Will the Ram said:

We beat Burton 1-0 at PP in 2017/18 but yes they are definitely a bogey team. It won’t be easy on Saturday.

These local derbys are a complete lottery that’s the problem we’ve got. Somehow we need to release the tension from the local rivalry and that’s a lot to do with showing respect for them and their fine town, and a bit of humility as the big local rivals. A short ceremony before the game is the way. Warne can buy a keg of Marston’s pedigree to be ceremoniously driven onto the pitch say in a golf buggy applauded by the Derby squad and put on a stand in the semi circle before the game.  Just before kick off each of our players pours a small glass (it’s what Jonah Barrington did before some of his biggest games). Then they line up on the half way line, haka like, but instead of sticking their tongues out and snarling at the Burton lot they smile appreciatively as they sip the nectar from the sweet gypsum-infused waters of the Trent and say in unison “a fine drop of ale fellas and much better than anything our town has ever produced” (then under their breaths, “oh except for that bangin’ China the queen (rip) loves and them fighter engines that did for Goering and oh those dull and dark paintings by the Wright bloke - and Colin Todd obviously  ”). Then Richard Keogh (in receipt of a fee of £2m)  lands by parachute not very close to the semi circle (he missed obviously), drinks the rest of the keg (36 pints) stares at a few people gormlessly then gets into the golf buggy and drives in a very wiggly line towards the tunnel running over both Rammie and Ewie on the way before turning the buggie over and crushing himself. The carnage is quickly cleared, the Burton players are confused and traumatised by the spectacle and McGoldrick scores two hat tricks in the first half (yawn)

Edited by kevinhectoring

9 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

These local derbys are a complete lottery that’s the problem we’ve got. Somehow we need to release the tension from the local rivalry and that’s a lot to do with showing respect for them and their fine town, and a bit of humility as the big local rivals. A short ceremony before the game is the way. Warne can buy a keg of Marston’s pedigree to be ceremoniously driven onto the pitch say in a golf buggy applauded by the Derby squad and put on a stand in the semi circle before the game.  Just before kick off each of our players pours a small glass (it’s what Jonah Barrington did before some of his biggest games). Then they line up on the half way line, haka like, but instead of sticking their tongues out and snarling at the Burton lot they smile appreciatively as they sip the nectar from the sweet gypsum-infused waters of the Trent and say in unison “a fine drop of ale fellas and much better than anything our town has ever produced” (then under their breaths, “oh except for that bangin’ China the queen (rip) loves and them fighter engines that did for Goering and oh those dull and dark paintings by the Wright bloke - and Colin Todd obviously  ”). Then Richard Keogh (in receipt of a fee of £2m)  lands by parachute not very close to the semi circle (he missed obviously), drinks the rest of the keg (36 pints) stares at a few people gormlessly then gets into the golf buggy and drives in a very wiggly line towards the tunnel running over both Rammie and Ewie on the way before turning the buggie over and crushing himself. The carnage is quickly cleared, the Burton players are confused and traumatised by the spectacle and McGoldrick scores two hat tricks in the first half (yawn)

This should be the pre-match entertainment before every game. Poor Rammie and Ewie lol.

11 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

You already on the peddy?

12 hours ago, fred binneys head said:

I’m posting this through gritted teeth, but well done to Derby for a much needed win last night. I thought the first half was very poor from both sides, the only notable moment of quality was the save by your w**ker of a keeper from our header, that was unbelievable. Second half you stepped it up, played a bit better, scored a decent free kick and then a second as we got sloppy, then saw the game out despite us having a bit of pressure in the last 15 and getting a goal back. 

I can’t have too many complaints as I knew we’d lose when I saw our line up, and I said that before the game as my mate Rowls will testify (hi Rowls 😉) as we had several key players out with injury and nothing up top (a 17 year old making his full debut and a bit-part striker who is getting back to fitness). Got to say though, I wasn’t impressed with your team, although it’s probably not surprising given how low on confidence you’d have been in your current run of form, hopefully last night will give a bit of that back to you and you’ll improve from here on in 🤞

Regards your fans, hardly heard you at all but imagine you’ll say the same about us, it’s the acoustics. No doubt we were all singing, but couldn’t hear each other. I hope you all enjoyed your visit to our city and the real St James Park.

And final word to your keeper. What an embarrassment of a man he is. I get game management, taking your time with goal kicks and throw-ins, etc (and we’ve been pretty good at that at times this season, including in the 0-0 at your place), but this guy was just a cheat, plain and simple. The incident when our tiny left back ran up to him, your keeper turned and they touched shoulders and he then threw himself to the ground and asked for the trainer to come on was one of the worst bits of cheating I’ve seen. The referee should have sent him off and kicked him up the arse on the way off for that. Or maybe I’m being a bit sensitive. Either way, the bloke’s a w**ker. Sorry.

Anyway, good luck for the rest of the season, please get into the play offs and beat argyle. I’m off to see my therapist having got to bed less than 5 hours ago, waking up and then coming straight onto an opposition fans’ forum. My name is FBH and I have a problem.

Nothing like the w****** we have seen at pride park this season.  We’ve been too nice in this s*** show of a league and have not been taking advantage appalling level of officials, in fact quite the opposite.  Thus we’ve missed deploying all of the tricks that are required to get result.  Sorry that you guys were on the end of it, but we had no apologies from Ipswich and many others this season, that have done the same to us.

I hate it, but football is being driven to the lowest common denominator, playing fair has just punished us.

All I heard on the Radio was Rams fans, not a peep from Exeter?

37 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

Where is this "semi-circle" of which you speak?🤷‍♂️

10 hours ago, DRBee said:

But your account of the incident is fiction anyway. Rather than shoulder contact, your player went close and kicked out with his leg - can't see if contact actually made. So cut the sanctimonious stuff. Did you notice when one of your coaches picked up the ball when it went out close to the dug out and he actually carried it into the dugout and the ball disappeared for a while. This all because he wanted to delay the Derby throw until your players were ready. What business has a coach picking up the ball unless to throw it straight back onto the field.

Actually, you are wrong here. He did go in with his shoulder, was turning onto his back, his feet/leg were nowhere close. Wildsmith was playing for time. The ref told him to get up,and when Curtis got involved told them both to get on with it or he'd book them. He then feigned the wind blowing him over when he got up. It was right in front of me.

10 minutes ago, bimmerman said:

Actually, you are wrong here. He did go in with his shoulder, was turning onto his back, his feet/leg were nowhere close. Wildsmith was playing for time. The ref told him to get up,and when Curtis got involved told them both to get on with it or he'd book them. He then feigned the wind blowing him over when he got up. It was right in front of me.

Sadly embarrassing not really justified in my mind by other teams doing it.

30 minutes ago, bimmerman said:

Were you the the guy the stewards were telling to calm down 

Lets Go Yes GIF by Chelsea FC

I was pretty pleased when I saw the team, honestly gave me a bit of belief that we would win the game. Nevertheless, the first half was still very much disjointed, similarly to how we've largely played for a while. 

Second half was much improved, I thought the players grew into the system. Forsyth playing as a right sided centre back is far from ideal, but he did it well. Before the game, I was speaking to a mate and we pretty much said that take a couple of performances out (Morecambe, for example) Knight has played his best football this season at right back. He did struggle at times, but I think with games and certainly when he has the opportunity to play a wildcard role and get forward then he could be a big asset in that position. 

Sibley was clever with the ball, NML was able to have a bit more impact with no real defensive tasks - kept him fresh for attacking. McGoldrick came up in the big moments again, as he has done so regularly. Exeter were missing a couple of players, but I think they're a good team who belong in the conversation with the Shrewsbury's and Portsmouth's of the league rather than the lower part. 

I'd like to see the team remain the same again against Burton. I'd like to see Sibley, NML & McGoldrick play in a trio upfront like that to finish the season and see what they can do. For me, it's our three most talented footballers so to get a blend and balance would be great - albeit perhaps a little too late, who knows. 

I have some optimism that we may have found the foundations of something, build around our talented attackers and shore up the midfield and defence. We have three cup finals left - two against teams who have nothing to play for at home, another who are fighting to avoid what we are so desperate to achieve. A big few weeks ahead! 

20 hours ago, On the Ram Page said:

100% agree. Wildsmith has been doing this all season, it’s not a recent thing. I am not sure he is intelligent enough to understand the possible consequences of his actions. After how many minutes of added time did Bristol Rovers score on Saturday? Mainly because of his antics, there were so many minutes added on. He riles everyone, the crowd, their players, a good section of his own fans according to this website and more importantly the referee. The Ref should be totally impartial, but no one like the piss being taken out of them - not saying the penalty was directly given because of the time wasting but maybe we weren’t exactly in his good books.

don’t want to see it in my team, rather they just tried to pass it around. I want Derby to be squeaky clean after the last 2 or 3 years. Know it will be an old fashioned view in these modern times of doing anything to get 3 points!

in which case we should have been given loads of penalties this season because of the blatant tome-wasting done against us.

15 hours ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

I expect a full ref bashing next game if appropriate, although surely we’re due a horrendously poor ref entirely in our favour, minimum 3 dubious penalties and two offside goals/fouls on keeper goals - preferably spread over the 3 games for maximum points return. Seems fair?

Certainly does, but it won’t happen - the EFL are writing the rule on that right now!

Also I won’t be there on Saturday as it is my middle son’s wedding 

23 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Sibley did well for saying there wasn't much coming his way further up the pitch. Had a decent long range shot too. Involved in lots of the nice quick passing interchanges - something that just will not happen when Collins is on the pitch. Dobbin isn't quite as 'aware' of other players but seems quicker running with the ball.

Interestingly the “decent long range shot” you mention was his worst moment of the game for me and showed his severe lack of football intelligence. We’ve managed to win the ball high up the pitch creating a 3v2 in our favour, instead of drawing a defender out and playing one of his team mates in, he’s toon a shot on from 20-25 yards and missed the target. We’re seriously lacking in goals from around the pitch, Didzy has scored our last 4 or 5 goals, if we’re going to be successful in our quest for the playoffs it’s vital other players start pitching in with goals, but that means making the right decisions when opportunities present themselves.

10 minutes ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

Interestingly the “decent long range shot” you mention was his worst moment of the game for me and showed his severe lack of football intelligence. We’ve managed to win the ball high up the pitch creating a 3v2 in our favour, instead of drawing a defender out and playing one of his team mates in, he’s toon a shot on from 20-25 yards and missed the target. We’re seriously lacking in goals from around the pitch, Didzy has scored our last 4 or 5 goals, if we’re going to be successful in our quest for the playoffs it’s vital other players start pitching in with goals, but that means making the right decisions when opportunities present themselves.

I think you'll find the old adage 'if you don't shoot you don't score' is what fits the bold bit you wrote. It wasn't that far wide of the post and it's not like Sibley doesn't have a decent shot on him.