Gary Lineker

Day

29 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Yes, I do. But have you actually seen the guidlines? The statement that they base their actions on? The guidlines that on Friday morning the BBC were satisfied had not been broken?

image.thumb.png.7dc6ab012299c38156df95c4f856beeb.png

So you think Lineker hasn't breached those guidelines? As I understand it he had been warned that he was breaching the guidelines, and he has done so again anyway. He has shown no intention of changing this attitude, if anything js spoiling for a fight,  so I don't see any way that the BBC can continue to engage him unless he changes his ways. 

21 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

You can especially sack someone you don't employ...  because they don't have any employment rights. So if Lineker wants to defend himself he may have some difficulty with saying it's unfair dismissal, given his stance with HMRC.. 

yep no mutuality of obligation gold standard for status unless he sends a substitute and pays them!

19 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

So you think Lineker hasn't breached those guidelines? As I understand it he had been warned that he was breaching the guidelines, and he has done so again anyway. He has shown no intention of changing this attitude, if anything js spoiling for a fight,  so I don't see any way that the BBC can continue to engage him unless he changes his ways. 

What do you think the BBC’s response would have been if he had tweeted what a great policy it was? Similar?

25 minutes ago, rsmini said:

Is that the Premier League making a stance by saying the 12 clubs will not be asked to do interviews with BBC 

A delegation of some sort contacted the beeb to inform them that they have been contacted by some other delegation that they would feel uncomfortable being asked a question regarding the BBC and GL if they were to be asked. 

Did anyone see the Lineker interview where he claimed he suffered from racial abuse as a youngster because he was slightly darker skinned yet he was as English as they come ?,, what constitutes being as English as they come to him? The bloke is a knob without a jot of self awareness of his own words 

Edited by Archied

4 hours ago, Bob The Badger said:

I've been on Twitter for 15 years and only once felt the need to block somebody.

There's no need because I never see people in my feed who I don't like more than very occasionally. And when they do pop up if I don't interact with them, or with commenters in their thread, Twitter doesn't keep showing me their stuff.

Spooky how that works.

People blocking celebs are usually trying to make a grand (empty) gesture. Nobody cares.

I disagree. I block people (regardless who they are) because their tweets aren’t interesting or they are annoying. Lineker comes into the latter category. 

1 hour ago, CBRammette said:

yep no mutuality of obligation gold standard for status unless he sends a substitute and pays them!

Actually he has a contract with the BBC according to the HMRC tribunal so there is mutuality of obligation. But it may not be a contract of service leave alone an employment contract. Either way it will depend what it says in that contract, if he has breached their guidelines and refuses to abide by them then I do not really see anyway out but termination.   

2 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Actually he has a contract with the BBC according to the HMRC tribunal so there is mutuality of obligation. But it may not be a contract of service leave alone an employment contract. Either way it will depend what it says in that contract, if he has breached their guidelines and refuses to abide by them then I do not really see anyway out but termination.   

That's a bit harsh - couldn't they just sack him?

57 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Displaying the same firm grasp of the law as you did throughout recent DCFC events, I see.