V Plymouth (a) 7th March 20.00

Boycie

Not a bad half that. Amazing vision by Didzy, got eyes on the back of his arsssse that bloke. Limited them to pretty much nothing. Only negatives for me is Barkz. Done nothing, been anonymous (still fail to see anything he is really good at), and NML needs to help out Smith more on the rare occasion that they attack our right side. Other than that, pretty solid ?

1 minute ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Excellent half, we're definitely on it so far tonight.  Would like to see us put the Virgil van Dijk wannabe at the back under a bit more pressure. Just hope we can keep up this tempo and not come out lacklustre in the 2nd half like last Saturday. COYR we can do this. 

Timing and choice of the subs is going to be key, Dobbin’s pace on the counter will be an asset, Collins harrying and aggression could be of use but possibly means sacrificing one of the midfield or dare I say it….McGoldrick ? Possibly shift Smith into midfield to make us more solid? 

2 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

Good half Derby. Lovely psychology …can we keep it going? Energy levels have been immense…really love how we’ve stunted the Sky bullshot smoke blowing. We need to believe and have patience…need to use Sibley’s midfield awkwardness later on once Plymouth go route 1

And Dobbs I think for Barks soon (hopefully he scores now)

Nowhere near as strong as our first half against the Shrews. Best chance of winning is 1-0. Plymouth have been rubbish up front but our defence has not looked strong, Smith and Roberts in defence looking off the pace. Will Warne lose the halftime battle for a second time?  Bring on Dobbin to trouble them on the break and we should   then sit deeper. 3 at the back would not go amiss and make changes to give us more legs in midfield 

5 minutes ago, Mr Tibbs said:

Pretty good away performance so far, restricted Plymouth to very little. 

We need to be better with the ball though, first touch and passing is way off where it needs to be to get this over the line. These are a good footballing team and will have chances so we need to make sure we're squeaky clean. 

It seems we have been sent out to play the game simple and effective rather than free-flowing, easy on the eye football. And we’ve done that.

I have also noticed Plymouth have been forced at times to go long ball, which they haven’t been good at.

If we carry on as we are, I think we will concede. One of Hourihane and Knight on occasion press by themselves and they walk through the midfield when that happens. 
I expect Plymouth to be better second half. We need better passing in the final third and we can score again. Barks needs to step up. He looks knackered and rarely controls the ball. Defensively ok. I expect Dobbin on for one of the wingers at some stage. We could put Smith into the middle and Springett RB. I believe Sibley will only come on if we need another goal 

Just now, CBRammette said:

And Dobbs I think for Barks soon (hopefully he scores now)

We’ve got a nice set up in the wide areas at the moment, if one of them isn’t up to the mark, we have another good player waiting to replace them.

Give Barks a bit longer and if he doesn’t pick up, get Dobbin on to give them a new problem!