The Stands

CBRammette

Read a tweet yesterday (which cant now find) wondering why our stands (other than the SW corner bit I think) are now just N,S, E and W. 

Is that just in case we can get future sponsorship on them as source of funds or another reason does anyone know?

if you could name them what/who would you go for?

4 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

Read a tweet yesterday (which cant now find) wondering why our stands (other than the SW corner bit I think) are now just N,S, E and W. 

Is that just in case we can get future sponsorship on them as source of funds or another reason does anyone know?

My theory behind this is the North stand is at the north end of the ground and the South Stand at the south side of the ground apart from that I have no idea why the stands are called North South East and West Stands.

9 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

Are you saying they are no longer sponsored?  I hadn't noticed, in all honesty.

Must admit, even when we've had full on sponsorship, I rarely if ever used those sponsor names, although I can appreciate why clubs do it, of course. 
Will always be N, S, E, W etc.  So much easier to get my bearings!  

22 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

Obviously I know why they are called after the compass points thank you ?but its so rare now for stands not to be named club legends (if not sponsored). I didnt know why ours werent anymore? The tweet was saying if not sponsored should be named after club legends. Obviously noone else cares ??

35 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

Must admit the N,S,E and W names are boring.

I would name them Falstaff, Dancing Duck, Mr Grundys, and Shiny and make them sell the relevant beers in each stand. 

Then I would buy a flexible seat season ticket, sit in a different stand every home game and enjoy 2-3 quality beers before the game.

Edited by cstand

On 05/02/2023 at 09:20, cstand said:

Must admit the N,S,E and W names are boring.

I would name them Falstaff, Dancing Duck, Mr Grundys, and Shiny and make them sell the relevant beers in each stand. 

Then I would buy a flexible seat season ticket, sit in a different stand every home game and enjoy 2-3 quality beers before the game.

You’ll be lucky. I am a real ale kinda guy but won’t go near the Pedigree (which is one of my favourite beers of all time) because I have never had a good one at PP since they stopped serving it from the barrel in the tent several years ago.

Given the actual geography of the stadium (and me being a stickler for accuracy), I suggest the SW Corner is actually renamed as the South Corner, the NW Corner as the West Corner and the stands should all be renamed as;

NS = North North West Stand

SS = South South East Stand

ES = East North East Stand

WS = West South West Stand

image.png.f9bda571f906123d0c2c570b531ca3a3.png

Imagine the carnage trying to find your seat after eight pints of Timothy Taylor in the Brunny before KO.

30 minutes ago, Grumpy Git said:

Given the actual geography of the stadium (and me being a stickler for accuracy), I suggest the SW Corner is actually renamed as the South Corner, the NW Corner as the West Corner and the stands should all be renamed as;

NS = North North West Stand

SS = South South East Stand

ES = East North East Stand

WS = West South West Stand

image.png.f9bda571f906123d0c2c570b531ca3a3.png

Imagine the carnage trying to find your seat after eight pints of Timothy Taylor in the Brunny before KO.

I’m so glad someone else thinks this. How odd that your username is Grumpy Git - could we be twins separated at birth?