Port Vale (A) Tues 24th Jan

13 hours ago, Andicis said:

Probably a fair estimate. I can't believe our wage bill is going to be hugely close to Ipswich or Wednesday though, who are the bigger spenders of the division, and for a club our size that generates the revenue that we do, we probably are quite limited by restrictions we are under. 

If the information provided by SalarySport (https://salarysport.com/about-us/) is correct (nb. it's likely not, but probably provides a fair relative estimate), then we have the second highest wage budget in the league, despite the cap set by the EFL.

Screenshot 2023-01-25 at 12.44.30.png

Screenshot 2023-01-25 at 12.44.45.png

3 minutes ago, angieram said:

I had a bloke a similar size as that pole in front of me last night. He was taller than me despite being a row down! Lots of dodging about to get any sort of view.

At least the pole stands still. ?

It actually looks better than it was cos I took the photo with my phone over my head. Every time the play switched you had to move to the other side. No indication when I chose my seat that it was a restricted view.

13 hours ago, DB83 said:

I should know this but what is our highest ever points total for a league season?? And could we beat it this season and still potentially not go up??

I wish I knew DB83! I’m catching up today with this cascade of comments! It’s wonderful the feel good vibe off everyone(?) is so uplifting. Beer time! 

1 minute ago, kevinhectoring said:

We have some records we’re not proud of but wondering whether we might set some attendance records this season for div 1.  Including highest aggregate away support over a season ?

Tell you what fair play Pompey on a Tuesday night. Morecambe and Salford too, not big numbers but hats off to those who travelled. ?

48 minutes ago, Vimto Enjoyer said:

If the information provided by SalarySport (https://salarysport.com/about-us/) is correct (nb. it's likely not, but probably provides a fair relative estimate), then we have the second highest wage budget in the league, despite the cap set by the EFL.

Screenshot 2023-01-25 at 12.44.30.png

Screenshot 2023-01-25 at 12.44.45.png

I’m a simple fella but someone explain I thought we had £4.5k week wages cap???

49 minutes ago, Vimto Enjoyer said:

There's no way Ipswich's wages are less than ours.

3 hours ago, Ellafella said:

What a night. PV away goes down in the annals of top away games:

a. Leeds away

b. Brighton away

c. PV away.

I was right in amongst the melee - pure pandemonium and all I can remember is Jason Knight’s face in contorted exclamation whilst seemingly we were all in a big rugby scrum. Got back around 13:00 and the adrenaline was still surging. Priceless. 

I remember Luton away when they were top of the second tier and we were second but Luton were the team to beat and had some good players 1-0 down and 2 goals in final couple of mins with big Dave Swindlehurst scoring with a header from a cross them jumping onto the fence behind the goal where the rams fans were packed in like sardines and I got crushed in the surge forward  but it was all worthwhile to nick the game 2-1 

There is something quite amazing to be 1-0 down away from home thinking ..just get one to get a draw …then the relief of thinking we’ve nicked a point turns to delerium when the second hits the back of the net in front of the travelling thousands …nothing quite like it 

4 hours ago, Ellafella said:

What a night. PV away goes down in the annals of top away games:

a. Leeds away

b. Brighton away

c. PV away.

I was right in amongst the melee - pure pandemonium and all I can remember is Jason Knight’s face in contorted exclamation whilst seemingly we were all in a big rugby scrum. Got back around 13:00 and the adrenaline was still surging. Priceless. 

What exactly were you doing until 1pm today to arrive home in that state?!?