Graeme Shinnie

angieram

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

Didn’t go well for him or Aberdeen. They are on a shocking run of bad form. 

Yeah I saw at the weekend that they lost to Hibs and the manager was sacked 13 mins after the game in quite an unceremonious style

Shame really, they are a club I quite like from afar

• 2 months later...
59 minutes ago, angieram said:

Is it my age, or what? 

This is never a red card for me. The other player is nowhere near when Shinnie makes the tackle. He's the one who's late. 

I agree with those saying that the game is gone when VAR is giving these. 

No not your age ange it's the way "soccer" is going, Not a Red for me either he's clearly got the ball, The other player look how he's going into the tackle...straight leg with his instep...a deliberate strong "have it"

It kicked off with the Caltic Vs Rangers Referee in the week as the Ref disallowed a good goal from Morales imo(Rangers)after both players were pushing from a corner, All pundits called it a good goal, The Scottish FA backed the Referee🙄

We have those that know and those that don't 👍 

Shinnie:   Clear first to the ball... clean(ish) contact...  Boot rising after contact with the ball (No stamp)... natural follow-through (no jokes!) rather than forced towards the oppo in any way.

Oppo:  Late to the ball (As in, he didn't even get there in time, and missed the ball completely)... foot (AKA "Studs"!) in a downward direction, when it skims Shinnie's playing leg, and continues to slam into his trailing leg.

Not an easy call in real time.  But with multiple replay views from multiple angles, this one is pretty clear and easy to spot...

Red card all day for me... to the oppo player... for being late, and offering more than a hint of a deliberate studs-first-stamp. 

This ref gats a BOOOOOOOOOOO! from me!  

2 hours ago, angieram said:

Is it my age, or what? 

This is never a red card for me. The other player is nowhere near when Shinnie makes the tackle. He's the one who's late. 

There's been a few of these in Scotland this year. 

VAR is 2 years behind England and the officials are struggling to use it competently. 

There's an offside decision given by VAR last night that looks incorrect, even with the lines in place. It disallowed a goal. 

14 hours ago, angieram said:

Is it my age, or what? 

Not a booking , let alone a red card. There was me saying we need VAR in League one but even with VAR they still get it badly wrong. 

On 15/04/2023 at 07:39, angieram said:

Is it my age, or what? 

That was a great tackle. What a ridiculous decision. What is astonishing is that the EFL conspiracy is so wide reaching that even our former players in a different country are subject to it. Shocking. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...