Portsmouth (A) Fri 18th Nov 2022

5 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I'd be amazed if Warne opts for a CB pairing of Rooney and Cashin. Firstly, due to the lack of experience between the pair, and secondly because Forsyth's been doing very well at CB.

Wildsmith

Smith   Rooney   Forsyth   Cashin   Sibley

Tommo   Bird   Hourihane

Collins   McGoldrick

That would be my take too.

i’d expect Rooney to be just in front of Forsyth and Cashin to support the midfield 

16 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Simply on the basis of the reaction on here I think we will win this.

I have to protest at your deeply personal dig at the high quality, faultless observations and accurate punditry on this forum. Time and again the unified vision of all contributors has been proved right ….  or wrong or misguided or inspiring or gloom ridden or …. barking mad. 

Just now, rammieib said:

Tommo is left footed.

Show's the limited options for the manager though, Sibley Bird, Hourihane and Thompson our only real midfield options are all left footed. Smith the only right footer is needed at RB/RWB. The only alternative would be to pull Rooney into midfield. 

We have a small squad. We can’t add to it until January. When we have injuries it is going to make picking a strong, well balanced team even more difficult.  Its probably not surprising that there will be games where this impacts on selections and possibly even results (especially against teams who are quite strong).  Probably worth expecting and accepting this fact, rather than having an embolism about it.

Edited by LazloW

Looking at the squad/team no lasting judgement on the performance tonight from me. Very unfortunate that we're facing a good team at a bad time for us.

If we get something from the game I'll be full of praise for everyone involved. Even if I may end up too inebriated to actually post it.

Oh for a forum where everyone was as fair as me ?

Edited by Kokosnuss