Portsmouth (A) Fri 18th Nov 2022

Just now, 86 Hair Islands said:

Do we know if NML is injured or are we just guessing. Could Warne be rotating a little given the recent workloads? Sorry if this has already been discussed.

Hamstring injury and out for a couple of weeks.

Lack of pace worries me here. Not sure why you'd have Dobbin on the bench when he's the only bit of pace we have really.

Just now, inter politics said:

Zero natural wide players. Don't get why Dobbin isn't at least playing

5 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Lack of pace worries me here. Not sure why you'd have Dobbin on the bench when he's the only bit of pace we have really.

I’d imagine it’s not out or choice, I’d imagine some players are seriously running the risk of injury after the recent work load. 

2 minutes ago, inter politics said:

Zero natural wide players. Don't get why Dobbin isn't at least playing

Keeping it more central and tight tonight, then around 60mins he will sub in Dobs and Barks to attack, with pace, a tiring defence. Probably only option that suits away playing with the player available to him tonight ??

12 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Does seem odd but maybe the thinking is to keep it tight until legs tire. I'm more worried about the ongoing wingback experiment, assuming that's how we line up. Still hopeful, though I'm regretting the rather large bet I placed on a Derby win tonight! 

28 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

How about 442 ? With Forsyth at left back ?

I'd be amazed if Warne opts for a CB pairing of Rooney and Cashin. Firstly, due to the lack of experience between the pair, and secondly because Forsyth's been doing very well at CB.

Wildsmith

Smith   Rooney   Forsyth   Cashin   Sibley

Tommo   Bird   Hourihane

Collins   McGoldrick

5 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Does seem odd but maybe the thinking is to keep it tight until legs tire. I'm more worried about the ongoing wingback experiment, assuming that's how we line up. Still hopeful, though I'm regretting the rather large bet I placed on a Derby win tonight! 

I'm hoping it's not wing backs. Because Smith and Sibley played wing backs against MK Dons in the first half and if did not work at all