Portsmouth (A) Fri 18th Nov 2022

2 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

If Roberts ain't fit I suspect you're right in terms of what it will be, but I'd have Stearman into defence, Fozzy at LWB and Sibs in midfield instead of Hourihane.

All about opinions of course but I'd not be starting Sibley based on his last two performaces. 

Just now, B4ev6is said:

I was hoping be one near the ground due to a broken toe I will struggle to walk that far to be honest.

I'm sorry I don't know of any close to the ground.

Plenty of the normal food chains outside the stadium though.

21 minutes ago, Wistaston Ram said:

I have to disagree. Like us they have been through tough times (admin a couple of times) spending a lot of time in the bottom two divisions over the years but still getting decent crowds. I would put their potential fan base on par with Southampton and like the saints and us, creating extra capacity, be it a new ground or improving facilities at Fratton Park would I'm sure attract more fans, though of course what they do on the pitch will have a bearing on attendances. Proper traditional club with lots of history, looking forward to visiting Fratton Park tomorrow.

That makes sense, sounds like it's the away support letting you down.

We're only bringing about 1,200 tomorrow. We would have sold out anything you'd have given us if it had been a Saturday 3 pm kick off. You can blame Skytv for that one! 

5 hours ago, Crewton said:

Just looked at the map around Fratton Park and noticed the Staggeringly Good Brewery on the industrial estate just north of the stadium. It says that it opens at 5pm. I think I'd be heading there for a prematch drink if I was going to the game. It's got dinosaurs!

https://www.staggeringlygood.com/taproom/

Very good brewery, I'm reliably informed. Haven't actually had anything of theirs myself though, you don't seem to seem them 'up here'

3 minutes ago, angieram said:

That makes sense, sounds like it's the away support letting you down.

We're only bringing about 1,200 tomorrow. We would have sold out anything you'd have given us if it had been a Saturday 3 pm kick off. You can blame Skytv for that one! 

I think sold around around 1400 angie

12 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Not your fault buddy

Been a few years since we last came to your place.

I guessing card only in your ground tommrow.

Yeah it is in the home ends so I'm sure it's the same in the away end.

In the ground I'd recommend the balti pi and hot dogs, very nice. Enjoy.

Are you driving down or getting the coach? I can recommend some places to park if driving.

1 minute ago, Carlin said:

Are you driving down or getting the coach? I can recommend some places to park if driving.

Pie it is then.

I dont like hot dogs

Is much like burger Van's outside the grounds perhaps just chips and curry sauce.

Does your ground sell programs.

5 minutes ago, Carlin said:

Coach mate

7 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Coach mate

Cool.  Safe journey.

They sell programmes outside the stadium yeah.

There are a few burger vans around yeah. There's a couple on Goldsmith Avenue, one at the end of the road on the corner close to the fratton end.

The closest burger van for you though will be right near the away end near your entrance. About 100 yards away.  From your entrance point at the away turnstiles, you don't walk east behind the away stand to it, instead you take a left to the west away from the stadium and you'll see it. Lots of good food there. 

2 minutes ago, Carlin said:

Cool.  Safe journey.

They sell programmes outside the stadium yeah.

There are a few burger vans around yeah. There's a couple on Goldsmith Avenue, one at the end of the road on the corner close to the fratton end.

The closest burger van for you though will be right near the away end near your entrance. About 100 yards away.  From your entrance point at the away turnstiles, you don't walk east behind the away stand to it, instead you take a left to the west away from the stadium and you'll see it. Lots of good food there. 

Any recommendations for parking, ideally street parking not too far from the ground?

1 hour ago, Carlin said:

Derby look good though, surely promotion is very realistic for you guys now? 

Possible. We’ll have a better idea of how good we are when our new manager has use of our injured players (Knight, Barkhuizen, Chester especially). There’s a good chance we’ll be looking good when they return if others stay fit 

47 minutes ago, Wistaston Ram said:

Any recommendations for parking, ideally street parking not too far from the ground?

Yeah sure.

Myself and family members always park in one of the following streets  less than 15 min walk to the ground:

PO4 0AS -  Heidelberg Road

PO4 0HU -  Bath Road

PO4 0JE  -Jubilee Road   

Me and family members have been parking here for night and day games for years without any issues. No permits required, we travel from about 8 miles outside the city anyway. These are long streets and safe to park. You'll find a space.

Lots of fans park on these streets but it does get very busy close to kick off so I would advise getting there as early as possible. I've never been unable to get a space for an afternoon or night game and I always arrive about 1 hr before kick off.

Please note these are one way streets so don't make the mistake of going the wrong way like some people do.

There's lot of other side streets too, I've never parked there but I'm sure they'd be absolutely fine. 

There is a big tesco outside the stadium but not sure of their parking rules.

Those 3 streets above have never failed me and provide a quick getaway after the game.

Hope that helps.

Edited by Carlin

36 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

Possible. We’ll have a better idea of how good we are when our new manager has use of our injured players (Knight, Barkhuizen, Chester especially). There’s a good chance we’ll be looking good when they return if others stay fit 

I forgot about those players, who are very good players at this level.

When you add those to the squad, you look extremely strong.

You'll certainly be top 6.

3 minutes ago, Carlin said:

Yeah sure.

Myself and family members always park in one of the following streets  less than 15 min walk to the ground:

PO4 0AS -  Heidelberg Road

PO4 0HU -  Bath Road

PO4 0JE  -Jubilee Road   

Me and family members have been parking here for night and day games for years without any issues. No permits required, we travel from about 8 miles outside the city anyway. These are long streets and safe to park. You'll find a space.

Lots of fans park on these streets but it does get very busy close to kick off so I would advise getting there as early as possible. I've never been unable to get a space for an afternoon or night game and I always arrive about 1 hr before kick off.

Please note these are one way streets so don't make the mistake of going the wrong way like some people do.

There's lot of other side streets too, I've never parked there but I'm sure they'd be absolutely fine. 

There is a big tesco outside the stadium but not sure of there parking rules.

Those 3 streets above have never failed me and provide a quick getaway after the game.

Hope that helps.

Much appreciated. Aiming to get down there a couple of hours before kick off, but much will depend on Friday afternoon traffic!

7 hours ago, Crewton said:

Just looked at the map around Fratton Park and noticed the Staggeringly Good Brewery on the industrial estate just north of the stadium. It says that it opens at 5pm. I think I'd be heading there for a prematch drink if I was going to the game. It's got dinosaurs!

https://www.staggeringlygood.com/taproom/

That's where Froggg and I will be before and after the game