Torquay v Derby (A) Matchday Thread

Bwash_Ram

2 minutes ago, ck- said:

I’ve been frustrated with him and wondered what he offered. Today I’ve tried to look at the good and there’s a lot to like. The criticisms about his finishing are valid, but he’s getting into those positions. Hopefully once he gets a couple, he’ll relax and the goals will flow. 

Exactly, I’m not sat here saying he’s the finished article and a world beater. He is essentially a novice, playing professional men’s football for the first time in his young career. He has good attributes, he has areas to improve, I want to see him do well in a Derby shirt. 
I just don’t get why some fans seem so keen to slate and attack young players, especially when it’s clear they are trying and want to do well for the club. Imagine if in your first/second ever job as a teenager, while you were still learning your trade, you had people writing you off for the rest of your career because you’re still learning and developing…it baffles me 

It's no attempt to play the ball by Cashin and a clear shirt pull (which for some reason is meant to be clearer than the push on Dobbin). But Fozzy was there for cover so it should have been a yellow. Again the ref playing to the crowd.

Stearman coming on for Mendez-Laing. 

We lose our best outlet, but I'm surprised NML is even playing as he doesn't have the stamina for all these matches.

Tough rest of the game. Players need to step up and restore the margin quickly.