Sheffield Wednesday (H) 12:30 - Sell Out

DerbyRevolution

1 hour ago, Mucker1884 said:

But if they did alter it differently... eg to suit you... then it would just mean others would be put out instead.

"Can't do evenings"
"11:30am kick off?  WTF?"
"7pm?  How am I supposed to watch England then get to PPS without getting done for speeding?"
"I'm Welsh.  Leave it at 3pm, FFS"!
"Changing the day?  But I'm on holiday!  Are DCFC the new Sky?  B45t4rd5!"  

etc... etc...

There is no perfect solution.

*I hasten to add that, theoretically, none of the above scenarios reflect my own views, as I live locally, and can stroll home in 30 mins, in time for the England game. 

Whilst, I agree that there is no perfect solution, they've altered the game time to suit a very small minority of those going to the match, which seems rather pointless. Those in the official car parks will still be there when the England game kicks off.

Maybe, they should keep the concourses open after the game, so we can watch the England game and have a pint. I wonder if you'd be allowed to watch the game, with a pint, from your own seat in the ground, on the big screen?

My interest in England has got less and less over the years. FIFA decided to have this in the middle of a season.

If I miss an England game then so be it.

Derby is far more important than any national game or a tournament that comes around every four years.

I'll be at Pride Park 

15 minutes ago, WestStandStartTheBounce said:

My interest in England has got less and less over the years. FIFA decided to have this in the middle of a season.

Derby is far more important than any national game or a tournament that comes around every four years.

I'll be at Pride Park 

Same here, not especially interested in England so I’ll probably record it, try and avoid seeing the result (could be difficult), then watch it when I get home fast forwarding through all the boring bits.

1 hour ago, Tamworthram said:

Same here, not especially interested in England so I’ll probably record it, try and avoid seeing the result (could be difficult), then watch it when I get home fast forwarding through all the boring bits.

That'll be a 4 minute watch then as 30x is quickest fast forward you can do isn't it?....

5 hours ago, WestStandStartTheBounce said:

I'll be at Pride Park 

I’m with you.

Year after year we’re supposed to be excited by Gareth Southgate sucking the life out of some of the most talented players on the planet by playing his safe eleven, like it’s been put together by actuaries.

Harry bleedin’ Maguire’s swede head dropping as he cocks up yet again, only for Southgate to defend him, saying the lads all love him and he does a lovely Karaoke version of U can’t touch this.

Harry Kane, son of Roy Hattersley, rolling around like a dirty Labrador in pigs’ muck until such time as he’s called upon to take a penalty.

Raheem ‘look at my booty’ Sterling waddling about up front, running into defenders like a Tardis with a blanket over its antennae.

I could go on.

Or not.

23 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

I’m with you.

Year after year we’re supposed to be excited by Gareth Southgate sucking the life out of some of the most talented players on the planet by playing his safe eleven, like it’s been put together by actuaries.

Harry bleedin’ Maguire’s swede head dropping as he cocks up yet again, only for Southgate to defend him, saying the lads all love him and he does a lovely Karaoke version of U can’t touch this.

Harry Kane, son of Roy Hattersley, rolling around like a dirty Labrador in pigs’ muck until such time as he’s called upon to take a penalty.

Raheem ‘look at my booty’ Sterling waddling about up front, running into defenders like a Tardis with a blanket over its antennae.

I could go on.

Or not.

#Dalek

?

On 01/11/2022 at 07:55, Anag Ram said:

We could sing Osula to the tune of Delilah ?

You sir, are treading on extremely thin ice, not satisfied with the demonisation of the good folk of Uttoxetershire on a different thread, you now pile agony upon agony by suggesting we adopt a Stoke <spit> anthem.

Wash your mouth out with the finest carbolic soap.

On 01/11/2022 at 11:26, Ellafella said:

That is an inspired idea Sir!

You should know better!

6 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

I’m with you.

I could go on.

Or not.

Pure poetry @Anag Ramand as I read it, my mind's eye can "see" Rees-Mogg reclining on the green leathered backbench wearing a Derby County shirt. 

6 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

I’m with you.

I could go on.

Or not.

Oh so true. 

2 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

Pure poetry @Anag Ramand as I read it, my mind's eye can "see" Rees-Mogg reclining on the green leathered backbench wearing a Derby County shirt. 

That brings up visions of Antonia De Sancha in a Chelsea shirt entertaining the toes of David' minister of fun 'Mellor. 

Quite a bit of this is what you'll look like in 10 years Mr Cooper actually

image.thumb.png.61b002e65e4c4c041537a254cf7900a5.png

On 31/10/2022 at 13:27, DerbyRevolution said:

With no home game now for a month could this one sell out?

Or will the potential clash with the World Cup Round of 16 (3pm KO) keep people away?

Sky seem to have given this one a miss, or can they still get involved?

The corrupt Qatar cup certainly won't divert my attention from the Rams. 

On 31/10/2022 at 12:27, DerbyRevolution said:

With no home game now for a month could this one sell out?

Or will the potential clash with the World Cup Round of 16 (3pm KO) keep people away?

Sky seem to have given this one a miss, or can they still get involved?

6,564 tickets left.

On 02/11/2022 at 13:19, Rich84 said:

That'll be a 4 minute watch then as 30x is quickest fast forward you can do isn't it?....

It's probably sounds strange to some folk but I just am not that bothered. England losing will just not remotely ruin my day in the way that Derby losing does. I have probably watched say 20% top of England games over the last few years and when I have watched it, it feels like watching Palace vs Fulham, which is a hefty dose of 'meh'. Maybe 20 years ago I used to watch every game but these players are just not something that I have a bond with.

I'm not trying to be smart or make any particular point, but I do wonder how average Joe is supposed to care about people who weekly earn the value of many fans houses, and the fans of PL clubs are expected to pay £50-60 a head plus travel to see them frequently underperform. The comparison with seeing Cash and Knighty absolutely buzzing after scoring for League 1 Derby is a different story for me at least.

In some ways it kind of feels like it is fashionable to mock the England National Team but to mock something you have to actually care about what happens to it, and I'm afraid that I just don't really care that much. I feel like I probably should, but I just don't ?