Sheffield Wednesday (H) 12:30 - Sell Out

DerbyRevolution

23 hours ago, DerbyRevolution said:

With no home game now for a month could this one sell out?

Or will the potential clash with the World Cup Round of 16 (3pm KO) keep people away?

Sky seem to have given this one a miss, or can they still get involved?

According to the Sky website they've chosen Sunderland v Millwall for 12:30 on Dec 3rd

I thought the Championship games were suspended during the World Cup ?

49 minutes ago, SamUltraRam said:

According to the Sky website they've chosen Sunderland v Millwall for 12:30 on Dec 3rd

I thought the Championship games were suspended during the World Cup ?

Strange as the BBC sport fixtures have that game down as being on the 3rd but postponed, but the championship doesn't resume until the 10th

Can clubs rearrange games in the break if they know they don't have anyone going to Qatar?

On 31/10/2022 at 12:27, DerbyRevolution said:

With no home game now for a month could this one sell out?

Or will the potential clash with the World Cup Round of 16 (3pm KO) keep people away?

Sky seem to have given this one a miss, or can they still get involved?

Why would you want to watch the world cup on telly when you can watch the rams at pride park. I know what i will be doing.?

1 hour ago, Rammy03 said:

Why has this one been brought forward to 12.30 when it isn't on sky. Can only think because it's a big game

ATM, there are only 3 games left at 3pm, which could possible clash with an England knockout game. Most games have been changed to the Friday evening, our 12.30pm kick off would mean racing back home after the final whistle, for a 3pm kick off, I couldn't get home until the second half.

If the club did alter the fixture to avoid the clash, then it should have changed to a different day or an even earlier KO, so most fans could get home in time.

10 minutes ago, ram59 said:

ATM, there are only 3 games left at 3pm, which could possible clash with an England knockout game. Most games have been changed to the Friday evening, our 12.30pm kick off would mean racing back home after the final whistle, for a 3pm kick off, I couldn't get home until the second half.

If the club did alter the fixture to avoid the clash, then it should have changed to a different day or an even earlier KO, so most fans could get home in time.

But if they did alter it differently... eg to suit you... then it would just mean others would be put out instead.

"Can't do evenings"
"11:30am kick off?  WTF?"
"7pm?  How am I supposed to watch England then get to PPS without getting done for speeding?"
"I'm Welsh.  Leave it at 3pm, FFS"!
"Changing the day?  But I'm on holiday!  Are DCFC the new Sky?  B45t4rd5!"  

etc... etc...

There is no perfect solution.

*I hasten to add that, theoretically, none of the above scenarios reflect my own views, as I live locally, and can stroll home in 30 mins, in time for the England game.