Is this forum now counter-productive?

Half fan

1 hour ago, Duracell said:

This is the place where we discuss our opinions.

Unless Paul Warne is wasting his time trawling through the forum, what we say here has absolutely nothing to do with his job whatsoever.

We can basically say what we like about him, in fact. He'll never find out.

Paul Warne's breath smells like monster munch. Pass it on.

Pickled onion or roast beef?

3 hours ago, Kokosnuss said:

Basically just a thread created to have a thinly veiled pop at Rosenior and anyone who was supportive of what he was trying to achieve, disguised as a thread about the quality of the forum. But please don't say anything negative about anyone else.

Laughable. Blatant.

May I plead for some moderation and realism please?

I don't think the OP was having a pop at either Rosenior OR Warne? I read it more as asking posters to recognise where we've been and how short a time ago that was before getting heavy (or short) with the criticisms - and I write as one who was in favour of giving Liam more time but who now wants to see fans also be patient with Warne.

41 minutes ago, Crewton said:

I don't think the OP was having a pop at either Rosenior OR Warne? I read it more as asking posters to recognise where we've been and how short a time ago that was before getting heavy (or short) with the criticisms - and I write as one who was in favour of giving Liam more time but who now wants to see fans also be patient with Warne.

Other than the completely extraneous & derogatory comments about the style of play, and putting the blame for any poor results or performances under Rooney (and maybe even Cocu) squarely on Rosenior's shoulders?

If the point is to remind people of where we've been as a club that's potentially even worse, because in mentioning his dislike for the style of play under Rosenior he's grouping that in with the bad times. Perhaps that wasn't his intention, but again if he's going to call for people to post in a certain manner he needs to follow his own rules, not use emotive terms to express his own negative opinion!

But no, you're right, nothing to see here.

Im Not No Way GIF

And I too write as one who was in favour of giving Liam more time but who now wants to see fans also be patient with Warne!

Edited by Kokosnuss

1 hour ago, Kokosnuss said:

Other than the completely extraneous & derogatory comments about the style of play, and putting the blame for any poor results or performances under Rooney (and maybe even Cocu) squarely on Rosenior's shoulders?

If the point is to remind people of where we've been as a club that's potentially even worse, because in mentioning his dislike for the style of play under Rosenior he's grouping that in with the bad times. Perhaps that wasn't his intention, but again if he's going to call for people to post in a certain manner he needs to follow his own rules, not use emotive terms to express his own negative opinion!

But no, you're right, nothing to see here.

Im Not No Way GIF

And I too write as one who was in favour of giving Liam more time but who now wants to see fans also be patient with Warne!

I suppose "laborious keep-ball" does come across as a bit derogatory, but I think even LR's fans were of the view that, whilst potentially attractive in style, his philosophy in action WAS largely laborious and possession-based because the players were not uniformily comfortable with it and most posters were asking for a bit less of it and a bit more urgency/directness. 

6 hours ago, Kokosnuss said:

Basically just a thread created to have a thinly veiled pop at Rosenior and anyone who was supportive of what he was trying to achieve, disguised as a thread about the quality of the forum. But please don't say anything negative about anyone else.

Laughable. Blatant.

May I plead for some moderation and realism please?

Why would someone go to the lengths of creating a thread to have a thinly veiled pop at Rosenoir as you put it when the same person could just express their candid views about Rosenoir without the use of weasel words?

21 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Why would someone go to the lengths of creating a thread to have a thinly veiled pop at Rosenoir as you put it when the same person could just express their candid views about Rosenoir without the use of weasel words?

You may as well just ask why does anyone do anything?

It's exactly the sort of post you'd be all over like a rash, analysing and questioning it's purposes to the nth degree if you spotted something you didn't like in it.

Edited by Kokosnuss

3 minutes ago, Kokosnuss said:

You may as well just ask why does anyone do anything?

It's exactly the sort of post you'd be all over like a rash, analysing and questioning it's purposes to the nth degree if you spotted something you didn't like in it.

I'd just thought it was easier to say what's on your mind. 

Maybe you're reading more into the post than it actually warrants.

I read the post and was pretty ambivalent about the whole statement. But that's just me. 

11 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

I read the post and was pretty ambivalent about the whole statement. But that's just me. 

Ambivalent - "having mixed feelings or contradictory ideas about something or someone."

It's you exactly when it comes to a view about Derby County.

It's just nice to be able to agree with one of your comments for a change ?

31 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

No, it's not. (Paid for the full half hour)

Edited by MickD

28 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

No you haven’t.

That isn’t an argument. Argument is not the automatic gainsaying of your opponent. It’s a connected series of statements intended to put forward a proposition. ……..Meanwhile StJohn Gumby is appearing as a central tunnel support in the new Victoria line .. jeees I still remember this .. I am truly bonkers. ?????

4 hours ago, Crewton said:

Hmm. I think there was a bit of a pop at LR with all that 'laborious keep ball' stuff. 

LR was himself a new manager, with a completely new squad, and also worked under Clowes. By all accounts he was pretty close to the full time job and was in talks about it at one point. Did he not deserve the same 'realism' we apparently owe to Warne? If he'd been appointed would the OP still be talking about our 'laborious keep ball' or would he be pretending we were Pep-era Barcelona out of sheer gratitude to David Clowes? 

I'm sure everyone is hugely grateful to the new owner, and will always be grateful. But they are perfectly entitled to express their views of the team, and manager, on this forum. Whether people are being too negative or expecting too much too soon is one thing. But they don't owe it to the owner to either pretend to believe something they don't, or keep their mouth shut. 

It's a forum and people rant about the team for the same reason they came out in droves to save the club: because they love it. Because it matters. 

Edited by vonwright