Ipswich v Derby (A) Matchday Thread - ‘and it’s live’

i-Ram

Just now, Mihangel said:

Honestly, WTF do you expect? These are the players we have, we have no depth whatsoever, it'll take time. Chill.

I expect professional footballers to be able to make 5 yard passes. I expect professional footballers to be able to play the ball forwards with purpose (even if it is a long ball) rather than just aimlessly towards their penalty box. 

I expect that when we’ve won the second hall and we have the ball around their box that we are capable of at least some quality. 

18 minutes ago, DerbyRam! said:

Someone needs to investigate all the officials tonight

How do you so clearly miss the red card, multiple offsides wrongly and call this as a penalty when the main ref doesnt blow?

Thank f*** its saved!!!

Now investigate this s***

Plus 3 goal kicks given as corners, 2 throw-ins given the wrong way, the foul on Sibley, ad nausea. 

And I was deliberately trying to give the ref a chance.

Still beaten by the better team, but we did ok. It all came down to one mistake.

Edited by DavesaRam

Just now, Rammy03 said:

We weren't great but neither were they really. It was a tight game 

Which is more frustrating. Never tested them. They didn’t look a convincing top 2 side at all. 

We look like a side which was thrown together at short notice, had a limited pre-season to embed a style of play and then completely changed that style of play 10 games in...

So disjointed going forward which is disappointing given the talent at our disposal.

On the flip side, Ipswich will go up this season with Plymouth. Best two sides in the league by some distance.

We can still make the playoffs but we really need to get it together and string a few results together.

Just now, Rammy03 said:

We weren't great but neither were they really. It was a tight game 

They had 16 shots, we had three, and none of ours were on target. We defended pretty well (apart from the CD blunder) but they were by far the better, more effective team. I think we need to be honest about that.

1 minute ago, vonwright said:

A lot of the players we have signed are on multi-year deals. We aren't going to sign loads more players. This is the core of the squad for a while - we need to play to their strengths 

I think we will sign 2 or 3 in Jan as a minimum.

Osula, Robert and Dobbin are on loan. Davies and Forsyth will probably retire.

NML and Barks will want out if they’re played as wing backs.

I think the team first game next season will be totally different to the side tonight.

16 minutes ago, DerbyRam! said:

Someone needs to investigate all the officials tonight

How do you so clearly miss the red card, multiple offsides wrongly and call this as a penalty when the main ref doesnt blow?

Thank f*** its saved!!!

Now investigate this s***

We can't blame the refs. The odd penalty going against you happens, but five in three matches suggest were making a habit of making crap tackles in our own area on a regular basis and giving the refs a decision to make.

It's a more fundimental problem than bad refs.