Best way to get a taxi from London Stansted to Ipswich

DenmarkRam

Because of the Ipswich game has been moved from saturday to friday I need to work out how to get a taxi from London Standsted airport to Ipswich so I dont miss the match at Portman Road. 

We are three persons who have are going to see the games against Ipswich and Exeter. 

As a stupid dane I need your help.  Do any of you have any recommendations or good advised on what to do and not to do finding a taxi og taxicompany? ?

As told we are three person: My wife, my brother and me. 

We are at Standsted at about 2 PM friday

Edited by DenmarkRam

9 minutes ago, DenmarkRam said:

Because of the Ipswich game has been moved from saturday to friday I need to work out how to get a taxi from London Standsted airport to Ipswich so I dont miss the match at Portman Road. 

We are three persons who have are going to see the games against Ipswich and Exeter. 

As a stupid dane I need your help.  Do any of you have any recommendations or good advised on what to do and not to do finding a taxi og taxicompany? ?

Don’t know about Taxi but have you considered train from Stansted into London and then out to Ipswich. Train takes 45 mins into London and then 1 hour out to Ipswich. Don’t need to change stations once in London as train goes into Liverpool Street and Ipswich train goes out from same station.

19 minutes ago, roboto said:

Stansted express goes into Liverpool Street I think. Which is also the station that serves east anglia. So quite a simple one stop train journey and probably quicker and cheaper than a taxi from the airport.

Cheaper yes. Quicker no. Probably twice as long by train, maybe more. 

There are good taxi firms in Ipswich who would do it for £100 maybe a little more (it’s about 50miles and takes 1 hour). I’ve found the taxi firms round there (I go to Woodbridge and Wickham Market quite often) friendly and reliable. Book, then call them the day before to check !  If your flight is late they’ll adjust.  The local trains are OK but at the moment the strikes make everything less predictable. The rail via London suggestion is worth considering - it’s round the houses but those are two reliable and quick services. But you’ll be paying for Stanstead ——>London, London —-> Ipswich which with 3 of you might end up being more than the cost of a taxi. The UKtrainline site will tell you all about rail services. You can find the Ipswich cab firms  on google

Edited by kevinhectoring

1 hour ago, DenmarkRam said:

You won't be the only Danes at the game, I will be dragging my wife along to Ipswich but we've only got to get there from Crewe!

Edited by Wistaston Ram