50 Days in

Ellafella

At this stage we’re a further ahead than I thought.  If you’d have told me 3 months we would be outside the playoffs on goal difference I’d have snapped your hand off.

Given the number of players needed and the time to get a playing formation, style, etc flowing I expected a lot slower start and to be in the bottom half.  At the start of the season I thought we’d miss finish in 7th - 10th position, playoffs with a good wind.  I still think that would be respectable and see this season as one for doing the groundwork ready for next year.

13 minutes ago, FlyBritishMidland said:

At this stage we’re a further ahead than I thought.  If you’d have told me 3 months we would be outside the playoffs on goal difference I’d have snapped your hand off.

Given the number of players needed and the time to get a playing formation, style, etc flowing I expected a lot slower start and to be in the bottom half.  At the start of the season I thought we’d miss finish in 7th - 10th position, playoffs with a good wind.  I still think that would be respectable and see this season as one for doing the groundwork ready for next year.

Me, too.  I thought a relegation battle loomed.  

We're not doing too badly.  It mightn't be the worst thing in the world if we miss promotion this year, though I would love us to get it for what it is.  Season after next, with no financial restrictions and debt gone, we should be back to some degree of health - and could be a reasonable Championship force.  Next year, restrictions will still bite player wise.

It's great to have a football team to support, without the stress of the events of the previous

12 months which  made me switch off except for the matches themselves.

Considering what has happened to other relegated weighty clubs, we have nothing to complain about.

The away form though is a real concern and Rosenior can't disconnect himself from responsibility as

he was part of the previous management.  Away performances have been Cocuesque.

Yesterday's result + performance against Wycombe may prove a turning point. Many managers

lose their jobs from excess of caution and Rosenior may still be one of them.

With how the club's situation was before the start of the season. I was certain we wouldn't be blowing away teams in this league and the chance of promotion was just a distant dream. I'd have been happy if we had sat comfortably in mid-table for the season and avoided any worries about relegation.

While the players we've recruited are better than I thought we'd get, due to the limitations imposed on us by the EFL. The chances of automatic promotion still feels like an impossibility, getting into the play-offs is still a big ask. But if Liam can manage to tweak a few things and get us consistently firing on all cylinders, then we could be a serious contender.

Edited by 1of4

I said 10 points from the first 6 games would be a decent start, so 14 after 9 just about reflects that, maybe 1-2 points short of my best case scenario, but not far adrift. There are home games we could have drawn instead of won on balance of play, and away games we should have certainly won. I didn't anticipate the little blip against Plymouth and Lincoln, but you have to expect those in any season. The difficulty of building a team in the time and manner that Rosenior has had to cannot be overstated. 

Get everyone fit, hone the tactics, get a best/ideal XI established, sign a RB in January and "watch us fly". 

The team was gutted, parasites also wanted the club to fold. With few exceptions (thank you Blackpool) other supporters were deliberately unaware of the stuff that lay under the administration etc.

The EFL were no help and in many ways promoted the actions of parasites

And yet, and yet... The march, us supporters, the talismanic players who stayed

So no, we're not top of the league, but we're in the league 

We're pretty much where I expected points wise. We're mid table really, about half way between automatic promotion and relegation.

I would expect us to grow as the season progresses and finish in the play offs, with at least 2 of the current top 4 teams pulling away before the end of the year.

2 minutes ago, ram59 said:

We're pretty much where I expected points wise. We're mid table really, about half way between automatic promotion and relegation.

I would expect us to grow as the season progresses and finish in the play offs, with at least 2 of the current top 4 teams pulling away before the end of the year.

Laim after 2 top finnish

How has it been for you? Better than expected? Worse than expected?
Better than ever expected when we were taken out of admin. But bizarrely probably bit disappointed with performances in last 3/4 games overall due to a strong start

Has LR found his best XI yet?
No dont think so. At start of season some players werent match fit so less choices to be made and the spirit of last year seemed alive. As more choice think we have lost some of our edge as LR tries to find that magic formula

What if any changes would you like to see?

A young hungry striker in Jan or through the ranks but in our position very tough and I have no idea who. 

At what point will we score our first away goal?  "Goals" @ Cambridge if I cant get a ticket

From this point where do you see us finish? Top 2? Play-off spot? Top 10? Lower?
Top 8 or top 6 if we can make any further improvements in Jan

I have enjoyed the home games (even Plymouth), but up until Saturday the opponents have largely tried to play football, so I am expecting more time wasting, park the bus tactics in future games.  Away, it has been frustrating, but it has been refreshing to visit new grounds and I am sure things will turn once we start being more clinical in front of goal. Never really expected much more than mid table this season followed by a promotion push next season. Nine games in, a shot at the play offs now seems realistic.

11 hours ago, Ellafella said:

50 days since the season kicked off. How has it been for you? Better than expected? Worse than expected? Has LR found his best XI yet? What if any changes would you like to see? At what point will we score our first away goal? 
From this point where do you see us finish? Top 2? Play-off spot? Top 10? Lower? 

The chances of us catching Portsmouth and Ipswich are not great. Already. But hope we’ll make the play offs. Two seasons in this div may not be a bad thing in terms of transition. Depends on the deal with the EFL Dont want to go back up and struggle.

But getting back up in 2 seasons is not guaranteed