Morecambe v Derby (A) Matchday thread

Bwash_Ram

I don’t know wether it’s because we’re coming off the back of having our lives dictated to us through Covid, but this decision has really irked me. I have great resentment to authorities making blanket, baseless decisions that affect millions. Feel sorry for the parents having to explain to their kids by they can’t go and play football this morning while the rest of life carries on as normal. If the whole of sport was cancelled I would be still be bemused but I’d understand. The fact football has almost gone solo just makes them look even more incompetent than usual. Even the dogs game on Monday is cancelled ??‍♂️

1 hour ago, Boycie said:

Everyone ought to go to the rugby or cricket, because the FA and EFL obviously don’t think we can behave ourselves.

It's basically this. If games do go ahead, there will be some incidents of offenisve shouts during a minutes silence, or some booing of the national anthem. These things are highly unlikely to happen at rugby or cricket.

The establishment are currently obsessed with the absolute fawning and adoration of the queen and the royals in general. The slighest deviation from this line will cause uproar and no one wants be held responsible for partly enabling this to happen.

10 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

I'm not sure there is much point in cancelling sport, perhaps on the day of the funeral, but not sure what benefit is to be had from this weekend being shut down when everyone is at work as normal.

Out of respect for the death of the current monarch and a long standing patron of the Football Association?

That's the official line from the FA anyway. 

13 hours ago, Foreveram said:

Why post about something that doesn’t affect you in the slightest.

To avoid this scenario going forward I'll DM you the content of any post I'm thinking of making for you to vet it so you can agree to it being shared. 

Actually thinking about it nah I'll post what I want when I want just the same as any other forum member thankyou. 

1 minute ago, Tyler Durden said:

Out of respect for the death of the current monarch and a long standing patron of the Football Association?

Is cancelling something really more of a mark of respect than using the occasions as a tribute? If that’s the case I can guess we can say bye bye to all the Remembrance Sunday displays nationwide at football grounds because you know, respect.  

2 hours ago, angieram said:

20220910_071247.jpg

I know that it's only a screen shot of the articles first page but following the banner headline Football criticised over shutdown it doesn't actually say who has criticised this decision apart from Gary Neville ?

Edited by Tyler Durden

19 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Yeah and its a rubbish line for them to take. It would have been a celebration of her life at every football ground, flags, singing etc. Awful decision.

8 minutes ago, Poynton ram said:

With the funeral Monday week are we expecting the Wycombe game to be postponed too? We all know which teams fans will be disrespectful of any minutes silence or national anthem. Won’t happen but postpone those games only

Genuine question which ones?

Am not being deliberately obtuse btw