Worst Towns in the UK

sage

Rhyl. Looks the same now as in 1985.  Just more decayed and it was bad then.  

Watford not far behind.  Seems to be just a junction for access to other places.  Stoke city centre is terrible but it was never really a city, just 5 towns where they filled in the gaps with brutalist buildings.

Actually, there's loads.  I reckon anyone venturing into Derby city centre would think it quite pleasant till they got to The Guildhall and entered a scene from I Am Legend up to the Spot.

Shotts, North Lanarkshire. Feral.

Newport, Llanelli, Merthyr Tydfil, a sort of Welsh unholy trinity, although I'm sure the valleys have many worthy contenders.

Middlesbrough. Late Soviet Russia vibes.

Blackpool. Hell with candy floss and junkies.

London. I'm sure there are parts that are nice. I never go to sites that are in those parts. Smells horrible everywhere but the people who live there are used to it.

1 hour ago, Mucker1884 said:

Flitwick, Beds.

Full of liars, as they don't sell beds at all!  

Ah, well, my in-laws live in Flitwick.

Two things about it, 

1) They pronounce it Flittick. - Obviously I make the point to NOT pronounce it that way because I'm an arse.

2) It's cheap to park at the train station and you can be in London in half an hour. Also, only about 1hr 20 mins drive from Derby so easy to do a cheap away day to Londres.

6 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Shotts, North Lanarkshire. Feral.

Newport, Llanelli, Merthyr Tydfil, a sort of Welsh unholy trinity, although I'm sure the valleys have many worthy contenders.

Middlesbrough. Late Soviet Russia vibes.

Blackpool. Hell with candy floss and junkies.

London. I'm sure there are parts that are nice. I never go to sites that are in those parts. Smells horrible everywhere but the people who live there are used to it.

True - Was born in Ilford, I wouldn't want to live there.

My youngest, however, went to Uni in Kingston upon Thames and I thought it was lovely round there. He's still there.

Dogsthorpe In Peterborough: most of Peterborough to be fair 

Crosby and Birkenhead in Liverpool: the absolute pits 

Cotmanhay, my god it’s bad