Carabao cup third round draw

Rammy03

I think that all cities have good safe areas and bad areas which locals know to avoid, but a stranger to the area would be unaware of which is which. I remember going to Vancouver a few years ago, the second best city in the world, we were in a lovely touristy area and decided to walk to the nearest station, 2 blocks later we were walking through 'the Bronx', we soon turned round and back to safety.

6 hours ago, Boss said:

I’m hoping some grow up before the game comes and realise 50 years have passed and things change. Will be very embarrassing if chants of sign on and reference to Hillsborough come out because of people stuck in the past like you.

Harsh.  Unfair.  Totally uncalled for.

Neither the poster you were responding to, or others, have referenced social security queues or FA Cup semi final fan-death disasters (RIP The 96* xxx).
It could be argued that it is in fact your post that is embarrassing, as you were the first to reference them.  Nobody else has... or hadn't up to that point.

I personally dislike Liverpool FC fans generally (and historically) purely due to my own personal memories.  In fairness, that dislike also extends to Everton FC fans, for similar reasons, dating back a similar number of years (Yes... late 70's... so over 40 years ago).  (I can only offer a defence of "purely coincidental, that they hail from the same city!)
And yet here I stand, having subsequently retained... for over 33 years now... nothing but sympathy, respect, and a brotherly support for the 96* victims of Hillsborough.  "Fellow Football fans", as I prefer to refer to them as!

Outside of my football related memories, I have found all other civvy "Scousers" to be nothing short of... well... OK, I guess... Just like any other places I have frequented!  Mostly good or better, with a few bad or worse.  

And as for your "being stuck in the past"... None of us can help what we remember, be that direct life-time memories of events that affected us directly, or historic events taught to us by others.  And none of us can control how such memories can affect our thoughts and reactions.  Whatever those reactions, they cannot be fairly described as "embarrassing".   

... And if we really must put a stop to "Being stuck in the past"... as you appear to desire... can you please advise me what to do with all these surplus poppies I appear to have collected over the decades?

*Now of course, officially numbered 97, since July 2021... as I'm sure you are aware.

1 minute ago, ram59 said:

I think that all cities have good safe areas and bad areas which locals know to avoid, but a stranger to the area would be unaware of which is which. I remember going to Vancouver a few years ago, the second best city in the world, we were in a lovely touristy area and decided to walk to the nearest station, 2 blocks later we were walking through 'the Bronx', we soon turned round and back to safety.

I have also, We were down by a Marina then went to a forest, Got mugged by some Racoons as we had chips, Watching a Racoon cooling a chip was hilarious, Chip between both hands rolling the chip like you do with plasticine to make a long sausage ? , Then we were told off as we shouldn't be feeding the wild animals?‍♀️ 

39 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

I assumed it was a joke, I also assumed everyone else would as well.Calm Down Brendon Urie GIF by Taylor Swift

It was a good assumption, some people eh ?

Reel It In Jay Buhner GIF by Northwest Motorsport

27 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Harsh.  Unfair.  Totally uncalled for.

Neither the poster you were responding to, or others, have referenced social security queues or FA Cup semi final fan-death disasters (RIP The 96* xxx).
It could be argued that it is in fact your post that is embarrassing, as you were the first to reference them.  Nobody else has... or hadn't up to that point.

I personally dislike Liverpool FC fans generally (and historically) purely due to my own personal memories.  In fairness, that dislike also extends to Everton FC fans, for similar reasons, dating back a similar number of years (Yes... late 70's... so over 40 years ago).  (I can only offer a defence of "purely coincidental, that they hail from the same city!)
And yet here I stand, having subsequently retained... for over 33 years now... nothing but sympathy, respect, and a brotherly support for the 96* victims of Hillsborough.  "Fellow Football fans", as I prefer to refer to them as!

Outside of my football related memories, I have found all other civvy "Scousers" to be nothing short of... well... OK, I guess... Just like any other places I have frequented!  Mostly good or better, with a few bad or worse.  

And as for your "being stuck in the past"... None of us can help what we remember, be that direct life-time memories of events that affected us directly, or historic events taught to us by others.  And none of us can control how such memories can affect our thoughts and reactions.  Whatever those reactions, they cannot be fairly described as "embarrassing".   

... And if we really must put a stop to "Being stuck in the past"... as you appear to desire... can you please advise me what to do with all these surplus poppies I appear to have collected over the decades?

*Now of course, officially numbered 97, since July 2021... as I'm sure you are aware.

Have you not got similar memories of Chelsea, Millwall, Leeds, Manure and Spuds fans ? The worst fans I have personally encountered are Millwall and Man Utd ?

It's all the way to Liverpool midweek to watch Derby against the Liverpool U21s, so I'd expect there will be plenty of tickets to go around. It's not a bad draw because it should give DC a decent payday which will help towards the running expenses of the club, and because of the likely Liverpool team (proximity to the World Cup) we will stand a decent chance of making the next round.

I'm surprised by some of the comments in the thread. People forget that now is the best time in all of human history to be alive. Everywhere was a dump in the 1970s. Liverpool, Derby, London. They're all way better now and this will likely be a great evening out for everyone who goes (result-dependent of course).

26 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

It's all the way to Liverpool midweek to watch Derby against the Liverpool U21s, so I'd expect there will be plenty of tickets to go around. It's not a bad draw because it should give DC a decent payday which will help towards the running expenses of the club, and because of the likely Liverpool team (proximity to the World Cup) we will stand a decent chance of making the next round.

I'm surprised by some of the comments in the thread. People forget that now is the best time in all of human history to be alive. Everywhere was a dump in the 1970s. Liverpool, Derby, London. They're all way better now and this will likely be a great evening out for everyone who goes (result-dependent of course).

And everyone can come round for a cup of tea