Liam Rosenior

3 minutes ago, plymouthram said:

It's Liam Rosenior's fault for not bringing in the right striker and not getting a right back in so Knight can play in midfield give us some speed and strength and create more chances for others. Get Knight in midfield and that will make the team stronger.

Yeah, it's Rosenior's fault we haven't got oodles of cash to bring in any player we want.

4 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

You know this? How?

Buxton failed spectacularly at Burton. A player who spent most of his career at non league level, and just sounds like a right thick plank to be honest. Rosenior, well he’s just s***. 

7 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Yeah, it's Rosenior's fault we haven't got oodles of cash to bring in any player we want.

I do agree up to a point, we cant buy anyone, but who was the guy that came off the bench and got 2 for Plymouth,  a loanee wasn't it, not an expensive signing, one that was mentioned in here as an option.....

Edited by Rich84
Spelling

38 minutes ago, Jubbs said:

Lose 2 games in a row and fans are calling for his head!!!!!!!!! Embarrassing. 

Oxford - played well, won.
Charlton - played well, loads of chances and incredibly unlucky not to score. Lost.
Barnsley - dominated 70 mins of the game(on an extremely hot day), won.
Shrewsbury - dominated and unlucky not to score. Drew.
Fleetwood - again, dominated and again unlucky not to score. Drew.
Peterborough - played meh, won.
Plymouth - played poorly, lost.
Lincoln - played poor, shafted by 3 poor decisions, lost.

Anyone calling for his head need to give their head a wobble. Stop expecting to go 46 games unbeaten and relax. We aren't going to win every game, this is every team in the league's biggest game. We haven't got the "best" squad in the league either, it's strong yes, but the squad depth is poor. RELAX.

The f*** are you going on about xG for? Are you 12? Only thing that matters is getting the ball in the net. 

23 minutes ago, Rich84 said:

I do agree up to a point, we cant buy anyone, but who was the guy that came off the bench and got 2 for Plymouth,  a loanee wasn't it, not an expensive signing, one that was mentioned in here as an option.....

Aye but there's an overall budget, salary caps, loan fees. They all come into it. It's not just transfer fees.

47 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

we brought in players no other league one club would have been able too. time for LR to repay the backing of clowes otherwise somebody else will

Plenty of wrist slashers out tonight.

I am still 100% behind LR. Changing managers is not a solution every time something goes wrong.

We were a poor finish from TB or a foot further back from NML and I think we go on and win tonight. The fact I can say that, instead of saying we created nothing is good enough for me.

Onwards to Saturday.

17 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Plenty of wrist slashers out tonight.

I am still 100% behind LR. Changing managers is not a solution every time something goes wrong.

We were a poor finish from TB or a foot further back from NML and I think we go on and win tonight. The fact I can say that, instead of saying we created nothing is good enough for me.

Onwards to Saturday.

We were poor, there's no denying that. But the penalty was very very soft and I've not seen the offsides again but like you say we had a couple of other chances that should have been buried. That said, I don't think the balance of the team is right yet and LR needs to look at doing something different. 

5 minutes ago, Crewton said:

We were poor, there's no denying that. But the penalty was very very soft and I've not seen the offsides again but like you say we had a couple of other chances that should have been buried. That said, I don't think the balance of the team is right yet and LR needs to look at doing something different. 

The penalty is a penalty. Looked one at the game, and looks one on the highlights.

Both the offsides, the TV angles are not conclusive but I trust the assistants got them correct. The sky highlights, are as expected rubbish as they don't show the TB chance.

There are minor changes needed to ensure more penetration with this approach. I don't think any fundamental changes are needed.

Fans around me moaned with the play in the back (which is ultimately to create space to drive forward) and then moaned when we went long. Unsurprisingly, they didn't provide a solution to what should have done!

2 hours ago, Jubbs said:

Lose 2 games in a row and fans are calling for his head!!!!!!!!! Embarrassing. 

Oxford - played well, won.
Charlton - played well, loads of chances and incredibly unlucky not to score. Lost.
Barnsley - dominated 70 mins of the game(on an extremely hot day), won.
Shrewsbury - dominated and unlucky not to score. Drew.
Fleetwood - again, dominated and again unlucky not to score. Drew.
Peterborough - played meh, won.
Plymouth - played poorly, lost.
Lincoln - played poor, shafted by 3 poor decisions, lost.

Anyone calling for his head need to give their head a wobble. Stop expecting to go 46 games unbeaten and relax. We aren't going to win every game, this is every team in the league's biggest game. We haven't got the "best" squad in the league either, it's strong yes, but the squad depth is poor. RELAX.

People see the writing on the wall.

Rosenior has been here in the coaching set up for years.

His philosophy didn’t work with previous squads, so why will this group be any different?

You’re kidding yourself if you think things will click in 5-10 games and we’ll become this exciting, free scoring side.

We’ve been waiting 2.5 years for it all to click.

It’s not about having faith or having patience or relaxing. We’re all perfectly calm and we can all see this hasn’t worked and even in the league below, it’s a flawed philosophy because to make it work, you need time and money to be able to tweak it to perfection and to make the team more or less infallible.

Rosenior does not have those luxuries. He needs to find a way of getting the best out of the group, which is still a very able and strong group for L1 standards, and getting results, plain and simple.

2 hours ago, Josh said:

See ya mate. You’re s*** 

2 hours ago, Josh said:

Get rid of Buxton too. The whole coaching staff is amateur as f***. 

1 hour ago, Josh said:

The f*** are you going on about xG for? Are you 12? 

1 hour ago, Josh said:

Buxton failed spectacularly at Burton. A player who spent most of his career at non league level, and just sounds like a right thick plank to be honest. Rosenior, well he’s just s***. 

giphy.gif

6 hours ago, Crewton said:

Thanks for your opinions Josh. See you again next time we lose. 

In all fairness Buxton has been doing our set pieces and we dont look like scoring off them every ball is just floated ball we have good players with good deliveries we need to use these and get more goals from set plays 

Before the season started I said to my mate that we need to tread water this season. My worry is we are under a strict business plan for this year and next. We won’t compete in the championship under the current restrictions(In my opinion), would they be relaxed a bit if we got promoted this season- who knows. Tough on us fans but we are where we are, the EFL rules mean we wouldn’t be competing on an even footing atm