Early signs are good at bradford city

B4ev6is

55 minutes ago, Ram1988 said:

I agree. There was no derogatory remark or intent by B4. However the other poster made a good point.

Anyways let's all move on and back to the football before the post slips further and further away from the Bradford game.

On that note, do we think any of the trailsits will be offered a contract?

Yes I think the two b… oh bugger.?

3 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

Was it this guy in the background?  Not very PC of you!
Why not simply say the guy in the pink and orange socks?  Why even bring his size into it?
Just think on next time... nobody would have been offended by pink soc... oh... erm... err... 

?

Man-v-Fat-9.jpg

Blimey Johnny Russell has been loading up on the burgers in the States. Not keen on his odd socks either. 

2 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

Weird. When giving the police a description of somebody, skin colour is almost the first you’d use. Describing skin colour is absolutely fine because there is nothing wrong with being any skin colour. So why would it be offensive?

Not sure that using the police in a conversation involving race is the wisest move to support your point but there you go 

2 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

Weird. When giving the police a description of somebody, skin colour is almost the first you’d use. Describing skin colour is absolutely fine because there is nothing wrong with being any skin colour. So why would it be offensive?

I think my time would be wasted attempting to educate you on this. Suppose my parting remark would be; Having not met the lad Would you feel comfortable describing him like that? 

38 minutes ago, DCFC27 said:

I think my time would be wasted attempting to educate you on this. Suppose my parting remark would be; Having not met the lad Would you feel comfortable describing him like that? 

Describing him as black? He is black… And there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. Black isn’t a taboo word. It’s an adjective you use to describe something. 

There is a big difference when using the word in a derogatory sense or followed by an insult.

5 hours ago, DCFC27 said:

Err don't think this is a new "woke" issue. I think for decades it's been widely inappropriate to describe someone solely on the colour of their skin. Really inappropriate. Obviously nothing meant by it, but it's worth picking it up and saying.  "Appreciate nothing meant by it B4 but referring to someone solely on the colour of their skin can be offensive, try describing them in another for example... ".  No massive woke war of words needed just a PM from one of the mods, probably the post removing/editing and move on. 

There is no need for an edit, your views are your views, but, you do not get to decide what's appropriate on this message board, its for David and his team to do so.  Clearly they see no issue and feel that its fine to stay, which is why the moderators have not amended the post. 

I think we should leave the moderators to do there jobs rather than trying to do it for them, there jobs difficult enough as it is!

Edited by RAM1966

9 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Describing him as black? He is black… And there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. Black isn’t a taboo word. It’s an adjective you use to describe something. 

There is a big difference when using the word in a derogatory sense or followed by an insult.

I’ll take that as a no then… you wouldn’t. 

5 minutes ago, RAM1966 said:

There is no need for an edit, your views are your views, but, you do not get to decide what's appropriate on this message board, its for David and his team to do so.  Clearly they see no issue and feel that its fine to stay, which is why the moderators have not amended the post. 

I think we should leave the moderators to do there jobs rather than trying to do it for them, there jobs difficult enough as it is!

Presume I’m allowed an opinion on this. I didn’t tell them to do this only suggested this would have been an appropriate course of action.

If they decide not to then that’s on them.

My feeling on this is that it’s not racist but is racially insensitive. (No matter the intention, of course I don’t think this was intentional). I don’t think it has a place. 

The job of an admin is to look into this. 

8 minutes ago, DCFC27 said:

I’ll take that as a no then… you wouldn’t. 

I wouldn’t what? Sorry I don’t understand your question.

Would I feel comfortable describing someone as black if I hadn’t met them? Well yes, I’d feel extremely comfortable, considering if they are black and it helps identify the individual.

I mentioned before, you go to fill out a police report and it’s one of the first things they ask.

We were robbed in Miami. The two police officers asked us for a physical description. They first question they asked was if the offender was black, white or hispanic.

2 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

I wouldn’t what? Sorry I don’t understand your question.

Would I feel comfortable describing someone as black if I hadn’t met them? Well yes, I’d feel extremely comfortable, considering if they are black and it helps identify the individual.

I mentioned before, you go to fill out a police report and it’s one of the first things they ask.

We were robbed in Miami. The two police officers asked us for a physical description. They first question they asked was if the offender was black, white or hispanic.

Deliberately ignoring point. Would you feel comfortable. Haven’t not met them before. Describing them in that way to them directly. 

This isn’t a police report. We’ve just watched the player for 45 minutes. You can pick up more than the colour of their skin. 

Would like to see us bring in a couple of hardened L1 players, ones that have been there and done it. L1 is a hard league to get out of. It’s been positive so far but we need more and they have to gel, don’t take it’s for granted we will be promoted, up there yes but let’s see and I will with my season ticket in my pocket 

34 minutes ago, DCFC27 said:

Deliberately ignoring point. Would you feel comfortable. Haven’t not met them before. Describing them in that way to them directly. 

This isn’t a police report. We’ve just watched the player for 45 minutes. You can pick up more than the colour of their skin. 

I don’t get your point? Would I go up to a black person directly and tell them or describe them as black? Why would I need to do that? It’s not like they wouldn’t know.

If you are describing a third person by what they look like physically to identify them, using the colour of their skin is absolutely fine. Why wouldn’t it be?

I guess we’ll just have to agree to disagree on this one.

8 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

Have to say, showing cute animals being blown to smithereens, by the medium of graphic moving pictures seems a tad insensitive… etc… etc…

Discuss. 
?

Well if it had been a dog then that would just be sick, but it’s a Cat so it doesn’t matter.

Kind Regards Kurt the lad from West Ham. 

The fact that you're all discussing this topic should be applauded - we're only going to solve issues in society by coming together and talking about them

The fact that you all seem to think your own viewpoints are inherently right is more problematic - I'm not sure a bunch of anonymous grey-faces on an internet forum are best placed to decide what constitutes racism

Nice to have a pre-season win though eh?

It absolutely amazes me that fans of a club can spend months and months debating the possible demise of DCFC to then have an opportunity to discuss footballing matters which is then declined and instead go in to raptures about a word used inadvertently to describe a player whose name was not immediately apparent at the time of going to print.

Well done one and all!