Early signs are good at bradford city

B4ev6is

4 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Look once again I am sorry 

I just find it hard remember peoples names I never remember peoples names and with learning differcults and autism makes no easier.

Mate youve done nothing wrong! I was defending you! Theres nothing wrong with your comment! You dont need to apologise! Thanks for the bradford match report!

Up the rams ??

11 minutes ago, De22Ram said:

Mate youve done nothing wrong! I was defending you! Theres nothing wrong with your comment! You dont need to apologise! Thanks for the bradford match report!

Up the rams ??

I know you are

But I seem to upset others.

It was a fair observation by big bad ram, surprised and disappointed so many felt the need to pass comment/criticise and it cracks me up when people throw ‘woke’ in.. let’s all tar everything with the same brush and ridicule and demean it shall we? 

Shall we bring back Ron Atkinson, Richard Keys and Andy Gray - proper football people who said it like it is

1 hour ago, norwichram said:

It was a fair observation by big bad ram, surprised and disappointed so many felt the need to pass comment/criticise and it cracks me up when people throw ‘woke’ in.. let’s all tar everything with the same brush and ridicule and demean it shall we? 

Shall we bring back Ron Atkinson, Richard Keys and Andy Gray - proper football people who said it like it is

100% the poster was only pointing something out to help educate people. We have educate people to try and progress as a society.

We all know B4 didn't mean any offence though and didn't want to upset anyone. Time to stop attacking each other and get back to talking football.

I liked the look of him and think he could be a good addition to the sqaud. We need right backs and he looked promising!

Using expressions like "an accident black spot" or a "black day for X" is problematic because it's using "black" to mean "bad", so most people these days will find a different way to express this, quite rightly.

Saying a black person is black isn't problematic. It may have been unnecessary on this occasion and so better left out, but it's not racist to include skin tone as an identifier where it makes things clear. On the contrary, dancing around trying to avoid saying a black person is black can honestly be more problematic - you're acting like you think black = bad. It's not.

Anyway that said, Kwaku Oduroh played really well and I'd like to see him play lots of minutes this preseason

18 minutes ago, Kinder said:

It’s a position where we clearly need to recruit and Oduroh looked promising, albeit judged on 45 mins. Definitely a very credible option though.

I totally agree. I think we need two right backs though the season. Someone with experience and then someone like Oduroh with raw talent who will only get better and progress. 

Hopefully he wouldn't have big wage demands neither.

19 hours ago, big bad ram said:

Not sure skin colour was a necessary way to identify him ?

There was no malice and actually no racism at all in the comment. B4 was purely stating a fact. 

He couldn't remember his name so identified him in another way which was in no way racist. It is a fact that the lad is black.

2 minutes ago, BathRam72 said:

There was no malice and actually no racism at all in the comment. B4 was purely stating a fact. 

He couldn't remember his name so identified him in another way which was in no way racist. It is a fact that the lad is black.

I attend a reunion periodically, amongst the ex workmates are 3 people called Mick, so Mick C,Mick H, and Mick J .If the outtings are described or mentiond to someone who didn`t attend and the person doesn`t  recall someones name(It was 35 years ago ) Mick J is often described as the Black lad .

I agree No offence or racism intended

1 hour ago, S8TY said:

Can't say "big lad "it will offend the snowflakes on here lol

I know I’m 6ft 2 and I’m fuming with myself 

9 hours ago, norwichram said:

It was a massive overaction, I'd suggest you look up the term for woke and have a think. 

Anyone with 2 brain cells can see this was not the actions of someone being racist.  Yet someone who probably spends the majority of thier time being offended on behalf of others; feels the need to have a pop.

So yes it was a clear case of wokery in my view and it seems the majority of posters, who have rightly come to B4s defence!

Now can we all move on?

Edited by RAM1966

9 hours ago, Ram1988 said:

100% the poster was only pointing something out to help educate people. We have educate people to try and progress as a society.

We all know B4 didn't mean any offence though and didn't want to upset anyone. Time to stop attacking each other and get back to talking football.

I liked the look of him and think he could be a good addition to the sqaud. We need right backs and he looked promising!

No. I'm not having this. An 'identifier' was used to point out the player - that was all there was, no hidden agenda, no derogatory point being made, no slight on the person being identified. He's a young black lad, there is no point of education to make.

Edited by RoyMac5

So on one hand we have someone criticising use a persons colour to identify them, but on the other it’s being criticised as “Wokery”

Both sides are a bit over the top.

Too many people buying into this culture war junk aimed at dividing people!

4 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

So on one hand we have someone criticising use a persons colour to identify them, but on the other it’s being criticised as “Wokery”

Both sides are a bit over the top.

Too many people buying into this culture war junk aimed at dividing people!

How dare you - I am now against you as I’m pro over the top. 

19 minutes ago, Ramos said:

How dare you - I am now against you as I’m pro over the top. 

My news outlet of choice warned me about you “pro over the topists”

When they tell me why I should hate you then you’re in for it……..both barrels!

1 hour ago, RAM1966 said:

It was a massive overaction, I'd suggest you look up the term for woke and have a think. 

Anyone with 2 brain cells can see this was not the actions of someone being racist.  Yet someone who probably spends the majority of thier time being offended on behalf of others; feels the need to have a pop.

So yes it was a clear case of wokery in my view and it seems the majority of posters, who have rightly come to B4s defence!

Now can we all move on?

Wow

Just to clarify, I never once accused B4 of being racist or derogatory towards the player. 

I merely stated that there could have been another way to identify him other than his skin colour.  I have since replied to B4 to acknowledge that he did not mean to cause offence and moved on. 

I suggest the people who seem outraged at my comment to also do the same.