Wayne Rooney

roboto

30 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

No, not in my humble opinion. There was absolutely no way Cocu would be given time to bring through youngsters. Instant success was needed to keep the Club high profile for its sale. 

Ok, sorry. I see what you mean.

I meant it would've been nice to see what Cocu might've achieved had we had a more stable ownership and financial state.

Thank heavens we now have that.

I always look back to the last game of the season against the Wendies and think how the hell did we manage to stay up? 

They looked far more up for it then we did in a must win game.

It didn't really matter anyway as Rooney managed to accomplish what he didn't do the previous season so was just a stay of execution.

His hair transplant from Turkey looked good while he was here though. 

I wish him well, except next season when we end up getting promoted and playing them in the same division. 

If he comes in for any of our players, I have no issues with that. As long as they, or whoever pay what the club wants then there’s no issues. 

8 hours ago, David said:

TeamTalk saying Cashin, Sibley, Thompson and Bird "could" be targets for Rooney

https://www.teamtalk.com/birmingham-city/exclusive-wayne-rooney-primed-decimate-former-side-birmingham-war-chest-january

Basically a load of reuniting former manager with players guff to fill an article. 

Rooney did plenty good at Derby, but he took a sledge hammer to Sibley’s development and career. 

I can’t imagine that’s a reunion that will happen any time soon. 

I don't have a problem with Rooney, who I do have great suspicions about is Garry Cook, especially after all the shenanigans with the Crypto Bro.

I'll be watching Brum closely, with a hint of hope and trepidation that they end up spaffing millions on failing to get promoted then falling into the inevitable spiralling trap.

5 hours ago, Sheepinthedales said:

Loved him apart from the bitter end. Felt he really got the club, the fans and worked his rear end off during what must have been an almost impossible environment. But something about the way he scarpered when it was clear the Kirchner deal was up the swanny and the ties to Stretford, Cook. Dunno, might just be me

It isn't

I really appreciated Rooney's dedication to the club, but I don't consider him a good manager. Pumping his own money into the club, regardless of ability, deserves praise and respect. He fostered a brilliant "Us Vs them" mentality and we'd probably have stayed up if we'd been allowed to keep Jags and other expiring contracts, but he was a figurehead manager. On the pitch, we didn't really have an identity or, well, any sort of plan. My own, uninformed, opinion is that Rosenior did a lot of the coaching.

But the players did seem to enjoy playing for him, and it'd be very telling if the likes of Bird and Cash do make the move.

26 minutes ago, NorwichExile said:

I really appreciated Rooney's dedication to the club, but I don't consider him a good manager. Pumping his own money into the club, regardless of ability, deserves praise and respect. He fostered a brilliant "Us Vs them" mentality and we'd probably have stayed up if we'd been allowed to keep Jags and other expiring contracts, but he was a figurehead manager. On the pitch, we didn't really have an identity or, well, any sort of plan. My own, uninformed, opinion is that Rosenior did a lot of the coaching.

But the players did seem to enjoy playing for him, and it'd be very telling if the likes of Bird and Cash do make the move.

Is he not Max Bird's hero? I'd not blame any player for leaving us to go up a division and play for a big name manager and be on higher wages. We used to be able to hoover up talent, but it'll be a while before the vultures stop circling us.

Edited by oodledoodle

I like others like Rooney but remember this, yes we got relegated and 21points dedicated, however he lost 9 league away games on the bounce, wrong tactics, wrong system, yes he was learning but 2-3 wins even with the deduction we would have stopped up. He hasn't done too good in the USA and this is great PR like MM did to raise profile.

I wish him well but it's a lot harder task, he had no pressure with us, he will have now, as for Cashin it may well happen, gave him a chance and sees his potential and will be playing regular football not like this if he went to Brighton. 

7 hours ago, nottingram said:

Same planet as the one where his agent was going to have a place on Kirchner’s board, before he scarpered with his tail between his legs once Kirchner’s cash didn’t show, and ended up with a job at the club who coincidentally are being run by the CEO Kirchner was going to have at Derby.

The whole thing stank.

And you think Rooney was the mastermind behind that? 

16 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

If 'free' is the same as 'compensation', where a variety of factors, such as recent genuine bids are considered (ie. the £3m Brighton offered for Cashin), then yes. They will be free.

compo tends to be a fraction of what any transfer fee would have been