Championship | 22/23 Season

Day

10 hours ago, David said:

QPR and Cardiff dropping wouldn't be the best for us if we fail to go up though.

Rotherham, Blackpool and Wigan would be the ideal scenario for us.

Rotherham are a yo-yo club though, even if managers change they just know how to do well in League 1. Same with Peterborough, they're always going to be there or there abouts.

Reading, Cardiff or QPR wouldn't necessarily walk it, I think Rotherham would have as much of a chance to do better than them in our league.

2 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Rotherham are a yo-yo club though, even if managers change they just know how to do well in League 1. Same with Peterborough, they're always going to be there or there abouts.

Reading, Cardiff or QPR wouldn't necessarily walk it, I think Rotherham would have as much of a chance to do better than them in our league.

Cardiff and QPR would have better financial backing to bounce straight back, Reading depends on the business plan they have.

Rotherham have only come up with Warne have they not?

6 minutes ago, David said:

Cardiff and QPR would have better financial backing to bounce straight back, Reading depends on the business plan they have.

For the last few years at least, but then again they've only gone down with Warne so you could use that as a reason for why they're more likely to stay up on that basis.

Cardiff and QPR just strike me as more of an Ipswich-type. Clubs who have been in the league above for a while, gone stale and haven't been managed too well which has led to their situation. It's taken Ipswich 4 years to look anywhere near close to going up, wouldn't be surprised if the same happened for a club like Cardiff if they went down.

The smallest clubs coming down would benefit us in terms of our business plan though, we could outspend Blackpool and Rotherham when it comes to free transfers. Cardiff etc would probably see us lose out on a couple.

4 hours ago, David said:

I understand that Cardiff have got severe financial problems which will only get worse after losing £6m tv money and lower gates on top of that. Reading's problems will only intensify as well, their 6 point deduction is for last season's spending, this season's spending is unlikely to be any different and should result in further penalties next season. However, I agree that QPR's owner appears willing to bankroll the club, but who knows?

4 hours ago, David said:

Last roll of the dice to avoid relegation, hoping for that new manager bounce. 

Risky move when the guy that has been sacked is the clubs top goal scorers Dad.

Even riskier when of the 5 remaining games, next 2 matches are home Burnley (need them on beach but they’ll fancy being confirmed champs) and Luton (need a win for chance of catching blades!). Oh and final match Huddersfield away, they’ll need Warnocks team to be safe, I know who I’d back otherwise there.

On 11/04/2023 at 09:25, Zag zig said:

Even riskier when of the 5 remaining games, next 2 matches are home Burnley (need them on beach but they’ll fancy being confirmed champs) and Luton (need a win for chance of catching blades!). Oh and final match Huddersfield away, they’ll need Warnocks team to be safe, I know who I’d back otherwise there.

Warnock hates Reading. Stretches back to when Reading and Sheff Utd were gunning for promotion. There was proper beef between the two at the time. I’m sure he’d love to relegate them on the final day.

On 13/04/2023 at 01:37, Bris Vegas said:

Warnock hates Reading. Stretches back to when Reading and Sheff Utd were gunning for promotion. There was proper beef between the two at the time. I’m sure he’d love to relegate them on the final day.

I think Warnock hates everyone. LOL

Burnley and Sheffield United for automatic promotion and Luton and Middlesbrough in play off places really would like to see Coventry and Sunderland take the other 2 play off places. I would love to see Sunderland go up by the play off's. Just hope Millwall don't get in.