Louis Sibley - make or break season?

3 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

Festy is like one of those golfers who smacks the ball 420 yards in competitions in texas attended by people who wear MAGA hats. But who can’t putt, chip, pitch or even bend over to pick up the ball from out of the hole.  And why Italy, the country where the football aficionados admire an elegant 0-0 draw !! ?

Ebiowei will be twice the player 

We know why Italy.  open ended ticket to Hertfordshire please conductor.

4 hours ago, Magicman said:

Excuses he has not delivered over 3 years two managers and a bit part player at best because thats what over hyping does. 

Its not over-hyping, its playing him out of position on the rare occasions he got played. We did it with Vydra as well. We played him as lone target man in his early days and he looked awful and disinterested. But as soon as we played him where he should have been played, he produced the goods. Wr did the same with Will Hughes post injury, we did the sane with Lee Holmes ( which broke him as he never reached the heights he was rarely allowed to reach before he moved on), we did it with Georgi Kinkladze, sticking him out wide when he was at his best dictating play from centre mid (do you see a pattern here?) - and about the only time that Kinky was played in his best position he ran the match against Aston Villa and destroyed them. To a lesser degree we did it with Simon Dawkins, who we consistently stuck out wide. And again, the only time he was put in his best position he pulled the strings and ran the match. His best position? Oh yes, the number 10 role! Who’d have thought that would have happened at Derby County?

Sadly, with Hourihan as good as signed up it is too late for Sibbers, and fir his own career he ought to be looking to move on. Then watch him flourish at a club who play him in his best position. ?

8 hours ago, 24Charlie said:

Ravel has gone. I’ll be amazed if Lawrence stays so  surely this leaves the path open for Sibley to make his mark on the No10 berth.

I’m not sure why @Magicmandid a laugh emoji. Seems a bit odd to me ?
LS is most definitely the type of player who could feed off a target man, lurk on the edge of the box to burst in and shoot. It where he’s been his most effective. Whether he really can cut it as a genuine second striker or late arriving midfielder on a regular basis is a moot point, but I think it’s where he looks and feels most comfortable. It depends on his final developed  ability + consistency and the system we play. The jury is out for me but he needs a chance and now could be the time. 

16 minutes ago, Yani P said:

I at least hope he stays and plays enough for it to become clear whether he has it or not. Rooney gave so many young players endless opportunity last season but not Sibley...Why would be my question..

Initially it was an attitude in training and a temperament thing. But it seemed as though his card rate went down as the season progressed. But we also have the Ravel Morrison factor - Rooney was determined to give him a chance, which turned out to be a really good chance. And as I said, he had a stifling effect for much of the season until Rooney was forced to play him further forwards when he performed his best. So Sibley’s path to playing well kept being blocked off.

I would like him to stay and be given a fair crack of the whip, but I can’t see it happening.

Looks like  Coventry want Sibley. Mark Robins is a very astute manager. There is no limit to what Sibbo can achieve if used correctly.The best thing we could do is take 50% of any sell on because he will end up in the Prem. By the way , I took flak on here a few years ago when I said Calvin Phillips was a good player.

5 minutes ago, DavesaRam said:

What? The Waghorn who needs 15 chances to even get a shot on target?

Very true and at times drove me nuts, but worked grafted a lot more than he got credit so yes if we lost a potentially mercurial genius that divides us all I'd take him for league 1 fight and graft

41 minutes ago, igorsdream said:

Very true and at times drove me nuts, but worked grafted a lot more than he got credit so yes if we lost a potentially mercurial genius that divides us all I'd take him for league 1 fight and graft

I'd rather we keep the mercurial talent and let them keep the 'can't trap a bag of cement' talent.

16 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I'd rather we keep the mercurial talent and let them keep the 'can't trap a bag of cement' talent.

In a perfect world we all would, but I heard no one can control a ball in league 1 so waghorne would blend right in

4 hours ago, Yani P said:

I at least hope he stays and plays enough for it to become clear whether he has it or not. Rooney gave so many young players endless opportunity last season but not Sibley...Why would be my question..

Frankly I’d rather he’d given Watson more chances. And fewer to Lee who had every opportunity but has not improved in the last 48 months 

3 hours ago, DavesaRam said:

Initially it was an attitude in training and a temperament thing. But it seemed as though his card rate went down as the season progressed. But we also have the Ravel Morrison factor - Rooney was determined to give him a chance, which turned out to be a really good chance. And as I said, he had a stifling effect for much of the season until Rooney was forced to play him further forwards when he performed his best. So Sibley’s path to playing well kept being blocked off.

I would like him to stay and be given a fair crack of the whip, but I can’t see it happening.

Spot on Dave. Magic man seems to have slipped up and not given you a laugh emoji. Doubtless when his head has been differentiated sufficiently from his rectum normal service will be resumed. Watch this space 

3 hours ago, igorsdream said:

And his red cards, which were all totally stupid.