I feeling excited about to the season now

B4ev6is

I know some people are saying not get to excited but really really cant help it but with players signing new contracts and new players coming in if we gets like David mcgoldrick from sheffield untied right under the nose of boro or otherwise known as gibson now that is justice. With looking scoring so few goals we could be scoring goals for fun. And with likes curtis davies is staying and maybe shinnie coming back home to derby. 

I think league one teams be shaking in fear of playing derby county I think we could have a team fighting for league one title.

Honestly I just hope the majority of our fanbase recognise our situation. We’re not gonna walk this league, we’re not gonna make star signings anymore. It’s going to be a long slog of a season and depending on who we bring in we could be looking down instead of up. 
The club is going to need at least a couple of seasons to steady the ship, think Nigel Clough era mark 2, and they may all be in League 1. 
I am excited for the change, our club is saved, L1 is new to me as a supporter, the format of the EFL Trophy is confusing, let’s go!!!!!

6 minutes ago, mrdave85 said:

Honestly I just hope the majority of our fanbase recognise our situation. We’re not gonna walk this league, we’re not gonna make star signings anymore. It’s going to be a long slog of a season and depending on who we bring in we could be looking down instead of up. 
The club is going to need at least a couple of seasons to steady the ship, think Nigel Clough era mark 2, and they may all be in League 1. 
I am excited for the change, our club is saved, L1 is new to me as a supporter, the format of the EFL Trophy is confusing, let’s go!!!!!

Have you seen signings we just made no short of goals in the team now.

37 minutes ago, mrdave85 said:

I think the majority of the fan base will accept the reality but it only takes a few idiots with stupid comments on social media to make it sound like a mass revolt if we don’t take the league by storm.

46 minutes ago, mrdave85 said:

we’re not gonna make star signings anymore.

To be honest in some way I'm kind of happy about this. I'm tired of big signing loop of hype, disappointment and them leaving on a free. Free, not because of the situation because nobody wanted them.

I'm excited for players who back the cause now, players who have something to prove and want to be part of our rebuild and not just for a decent payday.

53 minutes ago, mrdave85 said:

We are in the league, out of admin with the stadium part of the club. That to me is better than winning the league compared to where we were at a few days ago. 

2 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

It’s great to be optimistic B4 and no one would ever want to dampen your enthusiasm but, for the sake of your own mind you perhaps need to accept next season is very likely to be nothing like a walk in the park

I know it wont be easy but getting team togather that can challenge for it.

10 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

But the great thing now is that the challenges will be on the pitch.

Of course I’m not disputing that and I’m looking forward to next season. But I just got the feeling that B4 was under the impression we’ll take L1 by storm and score plenty of goals. That may well be the case but, for the sake of our sanity, it’s important to have realistic expectations whilst at the same time maintaining high hopes and ambitions.

11 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Of course I’m not disputing that and I’m looking forward to next season. But I just got the feeling that B4 was under the impression we’ll take L1 by storm and score plenty of goals. That may well be the case but, for the sake of our sanity, it’s important to have realistic expectations whilst at the same time maintaining high hopes and ambitions.

B4 thinks we'll take the league by storm every season. 

Never change, @B4ev6is

23 hours ago, mrdave85 said:

I think most of us do but the thing is when you start a new season with a clean slate after the wringer we’ve been through then blind optimism will shine through with fans that want to love their team.
None of us know what will happen. I predict that with L1 inconsistency and errors our back line will be crucial and will win the big battles - injuries permitting. I think we will look polished but we will struggle against disciplined, tough, organised teams. I think PPS will be a fantastic place to be. The emotions from last season will carry over. It’s going to be a battle. No way will we stroll through it, no matter who we sign, but we will give them all a run for their money and play some good football too.