New signings, who will be first...and next?

RoyMac5

24 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I'd the notts county line with a pinch of salt, one of those "this'll sooth the fans of the club I've just signed for" a bit like camp and his "everyone was a derby fan but I was always totally a man u fan" when he rocked up at forest.

Camp's Dad is a Man U fan, so that's entirely plausible.

38 minutes ago, NottmRAM said:

These are players that are past their prime so lets calm down a bit 

Also, what odds do you think I can get on Derby 5-0 Oxford?

It’ll either happen and we will all be screaming with delight … or like one of those England games where we play the Ruritanian national side -  who’s best player is a left back for East Fife United - and it’s a 1-1 draw

Edited by jono

14 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

You may get 2 out the 3. We certainly can't light Knight go for peanuts.  A decent fee with a sell on and further payment if he winds up at a championship club with promotion aspirations.  All quite on Bird but I believe Norwich were keen and they tend to do things quietly.  

Agree. At least one going (on loan at least) is inevitable. Unless we need the £££ though, at worst I’d only let them go out on season-long loans. Unless anyone wants to pay ridiculous £££, and then we’ll maybe “consider it”…. ?

26 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I'm not getting excited until Lawrence's 2 year deal is announced 

My mate at Sheffield United told me today that Lawrence was up there and they are trying to get his signing done before they fly to Portugal on Friday 

Does anyone else think the Forsyth and Stearman deals are linked to the Davies one? Not that they only sign if Davies does but if he manages to negotiate a 2 year deal or better money they'll be looking for similar? 

If he doesn't they take what's on the table.

54 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

"I know Stearman very well, Fozzy, Curtis Davies, I've been speaking to Tom Lawrence as well recently." ?

I don't know whether to read into that or not

A minor point, but for the people moaning about letting Tom Lawrence "freeload" and train with us, while he doesn't have a club - players talk to each other, and having a reputation for being good to players is absolutely a benefit in encouraging other players to sign with us.

3 minutes ago, Gladram said:

Does anyone else think the Forsyth and Stearman deals are linked to the Davies one? Not that they only sign if Davies does but if he manages to negotiate a 2 year deal or better money they'll be looking for similar? 

If he doesn't they take what's on the table.

Shouldn’t be - Forsyth we need for obvious reasons at left back whilst Stearman is one of those unsure ones in terms of offering him a deal anyway

5 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

The influx of signings remind me of the summer of 2008 when we came back down to the Championship and we signed over 10 players on free agents but with bigger wages than the competition.

One difference here though is the length of contract. Offering one and two year deals is smart.

In some ways I can see the analogy but if I'm honest this feels different. We need a whole new squad because there's no one there rather than because the squad is just poop.

We're still under restrictions.the players coming here have bought into it rather than £ bought - I can't believe we're offering huge wages under the ongoing business plan restrictions, maybe fatter than some L1 but I doubt we're blowing championship teams out the water.

49 minutes ago, jono said:

It’ll either happen and we will all be screaming with delight … or like one of those England games where we play the Ruritanian national side -  who’s best player is a left back for East Fife United - and it’s a 1-1 draw

A 1-1 draw? With 28,000 fans galvanized up the yin yang?