New signings, who will be first...and next?

RoyMac5

5 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

It was only ever just frustration - if he did what he can do more often he'd have had a premier League career. Seemed everyone else rated him on his good days, some of the Derby fans only on his bad days. 

There’s inconsistency there, historically at least, I guess that’s the argument of the “1 good game in 10” brigade. Probable questions around temperament as well given his disciplinary record. I just think he’s been, and would continue to be, an asset for the team (if he stays). He would definitely be of use to a championship side if he goes, especially if he has other players alongside him who carry a goal threat and would occupy defenders. 

Edited by Caerphilly Ram

I think getting Davies to sign a new deal is vital right now.

We need a strong leader to keep a check on these big characters coming in. Rosenior doesn't seem the kind of guy to mete out a decent boIllocking when it's needed which is why I think Curtis is the key to making a team out of them. If this all comes to pass we could be in for a real treat this season.

55 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

Feel a bit sorry for Rosenior, this squad being assembled should absolutely walk the league. 5 or 6 of these players weekly wage will total up to bigger than some clubs full squad weekly wage in the league. Any thing less than a promotion push leaves him in a sticky situation.

Can apply the same to Ipswich, Sheff Weds and Barnsley.

This league is nuts this year, probably around 15-18 sides who think they have a realistic chance of mounting a top 6 push.

Edited by CaptainOx

13 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

There’s inconsistency there, historically at least, I guess that’s the argument of the “1 good game in 10” brigade. Probable questions around temperament as well given his disciplinary record. I just think he’s been, and would continue to be, an asset for the team (if he stays). He would definitely be of use to a championship side if he goes, especially if he has other players alongside him who carry a goal threat and would occupy defenders. 

It wasn't all sweetness and light last season either. He got himself a three match ban which resulted in 3 straight defeats and it could be argued stopped the momentum we'd built up which meant we failed to catch Reading. 

Lawrence as has been said can be brilliant and had a better than average season last year but looking at, hopefully what is coming in today, I think we'll be fine without him.

Edited by 24Charlie

58 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

Do we have any confirmation that Byrne is staying? With Buchanan having (it seems) successfully shown his contract extension wasn't valid I'm a little surprised Byrne hasn't ventured that too as he was a stand out player last season and would get into 90% of championship sides

Buchanan hasn't yet been proven. The Club and EFL both opposed the move and will challenge it with FIFA/CAS if WB onto agree compensation before we get there.

3 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Buchanan hasn't yet been proven. The Club and EFL both opposed the move and will challenge it with FIFA/CAS if WB onto agree compensation before we get there.

I'd love Bremen to refuse to buy him if it's going to cost them £400,000. He could then come back and sit in our under 23s for the season, or better still on the bench for the under 23s because I'd sooner invest playing time in players that respect the club, and who want to play for us.

Just now, Loughborough Ram said:

I'd love Bremen to refuse to buy him if it's going to cost them £400,000. He could then come back and sit in our under 23s for the season, or better still on the bench for the under 23s because I'd sooner invest playing time in players that respect the club, and who want to play for us.

We would hold his registration for another year without paying him a wage, since his agent tore the contract up. 

I think Bremen would then have the choice between paying whatever fee is determined, or cancel the transfer and let us sell him ourselves.

37 minutes ago, CaptainOx said:

Feel a bit sorry for Rosenior, this squad being assembled should absolutely walk the league. 5 or 6 of these players weekly wage will total up to bigger than some clubs full squad weekly wage in the league. Any thing less than a promotion push leaves him in a sticky situation.

Can apply the same to Ipswich, Sheff Weds and Barnsley.

This league is nuts this year, probably around 15-18 sides who think they have a realistic chance of mounting a top 6 push.

I can’t comment about other clubs wage bill but I am certain we won’t be offering silly deals. We simply won’t be allowed to according to a business plan. 

57 minutes ago, Ram1988 said:

If these are all signed we certainly will have plenty of fires power up front !

We just need to then sign/resign some more defenders especially full backs now.

We are only signing one forward in  Mc Goldrick and we have Stretton and the young Pole - that’s it currently which is why we are trying to sign Collins 

15 minutes ago, Loughborough Ram said:

That wouldn’t help us - now he wants to be gone we need the money we could have expected to get if we sold him and a sell on percentage because the Germans as a league are just buying from the UK young and cheap and selling back after one or two years for lots of £ millions profit 

51 minutes ago, jono said:

I can’t comment about other clubs wage bill but I am certain we won’t be offering silly deals. We simply won’t be allowed to according to a business plan. 

I haven't said anything about silly deals as I know there is the business plan and associated controls. Nothing will be silly (you'd hope) and I'd imagine some of the appeal of Derby in L1 for some of the more eye catching signings will be length of contract rather than pay cheque, much the way Ipswich went about it last season when convincing players to drop down to the level.

I was just making the point that even with those controls, because of the size of the fanbase and therefore the revenue streams, even the rumoured 8k a week cap, is a complete world away from at least half the division.

We allegedly had a top 8 wage budget last season, and none of our permanent players were on more than 4.5k a week, loans may have had a total wage over that, but we certainly weren't paying 100% of it.

But this is why we love football, the fact that an Accrington Stanley or a Morecambe can compete on the pitch at the same level as yourselves, Sheff Weds, Bolton, Ipswich, Charlton, Portsmouth etc.

2 minutes ago, CaptainOx said:

I haven't said anything about silly deals as I know there is the business plan and associated controls. Nothing will be silly (you'd hope) and I'd imagine some of the appeal of Derby in L1 for some of the more eye catching signings will be length of contract rather than pay cheque, much the way Ipswich went about it last season when convincing players to drop down to the level.

I was just making the point that even with those controls, because of the size of the fanbase and therefore the revenue streams, even the rumoured 8k a week cap, is a complete world away from at least half the division.

We allegedly had a top 8 wage budget last season, and none of our permanent players were on more than 4.5k a week, loans may have had a total wage over that, but we certainly weren't paying 100% of it.

But this is why we love football, the fact that an Accrington Stanley or a Morecambe can compete on the pitch at the same level as yourselves, Sheff Weds, Bolton, Ipswich, Charlton, Portsmouth etc.

it's looking like we can't offer more than two year contracts, judging by signings and renewals so far. 

That's a distinct disadvantage when trying to keep hold of our young academy players, some of whom have been with us for twelve years. Two have signed on so far on two year deals.