New signings, who will be first...and next?

RoyMac5

1 minute ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Sharing this not for the accuracy of the rumours from these accounts, more for the novelty of the Twitter “ITK’s” having a tiff ? 

Episode 14 Fighting GIF by RuPaul's Drag Race

196A8DC1-7388-4C7A-BB45-5C15822A6AD4.jpeg

Two fraudulent ITK accounts arguing the toss. Like two bald men fighting over a comb.

Edited by JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta

1 hour ago, Oldben said:

We are being linked with David McGoldrick, see stats.

Hes not had a prolific career and I wonder if the right sort of player for us, in a league where so many teams have 15 plus goals a season. 

I'd prefer Oladapo Afolayan, Jamal Lowe, Troy Parrott (on a loan).

Screenshot_20220703-124753_Samsung Internet.jpg

Because Parrott is more clinical?

image.thumb.png.b6596733be73d5581ed93f0994884a76.pngimage.thumb.png.b6596733be73d5581ed93f0994884a76.png

The other two you mention have 2 years left at their clubs.

I hope we sign Cambridge United forward Sam Smith. He's 24 and could be one for the future.

He was in fine form last season with 21 goals.

Of his 21 goals, Smith netted 15 times in League One as he played in all 46 matches, playing as a lead striker and a winger. Along with four goals in the EFL Trophy, Smith netted in both FA Cup ties against Northampton Town, with Cambridge reaching the FA Cup fourth round stage after claiming a giant-killing victory against Newcastle United at St James’ Park in the third round.

Portsmouth and Wycombe Wanderers are linked with him, but hopefully we can show some guts and sign him for Derby.

Would definitely show that we are not looking to stay in League one next season.

Currently derby are lacking this quality of striker.

Derby are however rumoured to be interested in David McGoldrick, who at 34 and based on recent seasons, would struggle to hit the target.

3 minutes ago, Oldben said:

I hope we sign Cambridge United forward Sam Smith. He's 24 and could be one for the future.

He was in fine form last season with 21 goals.

Of his 21 goals, Smith netted 15 times in League One as he played in all 46 matches, playing as a lead striker and a winger. Along with four goals in the EFL Trophy, Smith netted in both FA Cup ties against Northampton Town, with Cambridge reaching the FA Cup fourth round stage after claiming a giant-killing victory against Newcastle United at St James’ Park in the third round.

Portsmouth and Wycombe Wanderers are linked with him, but hopefully we can show some guts and sign him for Derby.

Would definitely show that we are not looking to stay in League one next season.

Currently derby are lacking this quality of striker.

Derby are however rumoured to be interested in David McGoldrick, who at 34 and based on recent seasons, would struggle to hit the target.

We still need a centre forward for sure.

Loads of fluffers but no stud.

1 hour ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Two fraudulent ITK accounts arguing the toss. Like two bald men fighting over a comb.

Barry Walsh still living off that EFL case outcome he got right two years ago

16 minutes ago, Oldben said:

David McGoldrick is hugely unlikely to be amongst these top league one strikers ...

Screenshot_20220703-145759_Samsung Internet.jpg

I get what you're saying (and agree that I don't think DMcG will ever be a 15+ a season CF at this stage of his career), but we're not going to be signing any of those. We can now sign players, yes, but I don't think we'll be spending any fees for a while yet.

I've mentioned the names before in other threads, but John Marquis and Vadaine Oliver would be the freebies I'd be looking at. Either those or a youngster on loan (Dan Jebbison? Keinan Davis if F*rest don't want him back?).

Edited by Black ('n' White) Sheep

3 minutes ago, Black ('n' White) Sheep said:

I get what you're saying (and agree that I don't think DMcG will ever be a 15+ a season CF at this stage of his career), but we're not going to be signing any of those. We can now sign players, yes, but I don't think we'll be spending any fees for a while yet.

I've mentioned the names before in other threads, but John Marquis and Vadaine Oliver would be the freebies I'd be looking at. Either those or a youngster on loan (Dan Jebbison? Keinan Davis if F*rest don't want him back?).

Doubt that Keinan Davis would come here even if we wanted him. But those types of loan singings would do nicely. Good players at premier League clubs but won't get game time there and so are willing to drop down a league or two.

4 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Can we see if Lampard wants to do his old club a favour and send us Ellis Simms on loan

I like Ellis Simms, powerful young striker with a bit of pace, kept an eye on him ever since seeing him demolish our u23s a few seasons ago.

I would like a couple quick options to marry up with the likes of McGoldrick & CKR.

Edited by Carnero