New manager, who do you want?

RoyMac5

Personally think it's premature to be handing liam a contract until we have seen how he actually performs in the current circumstances.

He didn't have a great deal of success with a much better squad pre Rooney taking over but to be fair that seemed to be as part of a amalgamation of the coaches on board at the time.

So,hopefully we give ourselves a bit of breathing space without the full commitment.

We certainly don't need to be then sacking and compensating him if it doesn't work out and he has to be replaced...

Good luck to him though and perhaps he will prosper without Rooney's input (we might even win some away games and Sibley gets to play regularly and score some goals this season)

Edited by kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong

8 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Personally think it's premature to be handing liam a contract until we have seen how he actually performs in the current circumstances.

He didn't have a great deal of success with a much better squad pre Rooney taking over but to be fair that seemed to be as part of a amalgamation of the coaches on board at the time.

So,hopefully we give ourselves a bit of breathing space without the full commitment.

We certainly don't need to be then sacking and compensating him if it doesn't work out and he has to be replaced...

Good luck to him though and perhaps he will prosper without Rooney's input (we might even win some away games and Sibley gets to play regularly and score some goals this season)

He's only interim tbh. Admin won't make him permanent as Clowes may want his own man.

Rosenior feels like a massive risk at this point. We've got an absolute threadbare squad with little time and a small budget at first to build a squad that can compete at the right end of the division. Whilst Clowes will be the savior to begin with, how long will that goodwill last if we start struggling in the third division.... Rosenior whilst being a no.2 has never been a no.1 and is now the right time to be gambling on him making that leap? I totally understand why some people want Rosenior and time is not in our favour  but I'm not entirely convinced.

21 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

Rosenior feels like a massive risk at this point. We've got an absolute threadbare squad with little time and a small budget at first to build a squad that can compete at the right end of the division. Whilst Clowes will be the savior to begin with, how long will that goodwill last if we start struggling in the third division.... Rosenior whilst being a no.2 has never been a no.1 and is now the right time to be gambling on him making that leap? I totally understand why some people want Rosenior and time is not in our favour  but I'm not entirely convinced.

Don’t see this as risk really. It’s an interim appointment so if he does well he gets the job, if not he doesn’t. We are going to struggle to a certain extent regardless of who is in charge and I’m not expecting anything other than a mid table finish. If he achieves that, happy days. 

1 minute ago, Jayram said:

Don’t see this as risk really. It’s an interim appointment so if he does well he gets the job, if not he doesn’t. We are going to struggle to a certain extent regardless of who is in charge and I’m not expecting anything other than a mid table finish. If he achieves that, happy days. 

The interim period will not run into competitive fixtures just pre-season. I can easily envisage a scenario- 10 games into the season we're in the relegation zone of the third division and the pitchforks are out as fans are simply fed up and tired of yet another season of absolute cr**

47 minutes ago, DraycottRam said:

Not bothered. Me and football have fell out. Trying to get into cricket 

I 'll try to help. Cricket where I come from is an insect so we started from a low base. After arriving in blighty, i thought i'll found out what is this sport played in pyjamas with lots of standing around is about. Someone tried to explain it to me, did a reasonable job, but he killed it with his closing statement.

"they can play for 5 days, it ends up in a draw and it can be a good result". I thought that cant be right, 30 years on still trying to get into it, not very hard though...

(back then no T20 or IPL of course)