New Shirt

jimbobram

Clearly not top priority currently, and we may not have players to advertise the shirt....but does anyone know when the new shirt is due to come out ?I know it was already agreed with umbro and was being processed months ago. How come we are always one of the last teams to release the new shirt ? 

Just something to try and take my mind of the circus of millionaires and clowns called quantuma. 

2 minutes ago, jimbobram said:

Clearly not top priority currently, and we may not have players to advertise the shirt....but does anyone know when the new shirt is due to come out ?I know it was already agreed with umbro and was being processed months ago. How come we are always one of the last teams to release the new shirt ? 

Just something to try and take my mind of the circus of millionaires and clowns called quantuma. 

In 48hrs 

18 minutes ago, jimbobram said:

I’m afraid you can’t escape from our current plight.

Home Kit ordered late due to administration. Away and Third still not even ordered.

This is the basis of our new, fan first policy going forward. 

Only one new kit a year, so you'll know when you buy a shirt, it'll still be current at least two years down the line. 

All kits will be supplied with a complementary sheet of A4 paper, clothing pins, and a black sharpie, so you can draw any new sponsors logo on.

3 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Do kits cost the club? Maybe prem teams are given them as part of sponsorship?

Id imagine league one maybe different? 

I would imagine the club pay for the kits that the players wear, back when 3 pulled their sponsorship with Chelsea and were not allowed to spend money they couldn’t bring plain shirts in from Nike and had to continue with 3 on the front.

7 hours ago, David said:

I would imagine the club pay for the kits that the players wear, back when 3 pulled their sponsorship with Chelsea and were not allowed to spend money they couldn’t bring plain shirts in from Nike and had to continue with 3 on the front.

But If clubs had to pay for the shirts why would they enter into contracts? Clubs would just change manufacturer every year on the best deal they could find. I’ve always been under the impression clubs receive money from the manufacturer to wear their shirts and the sponsor for being on the shirt.

1 hour ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

But If clubs had to pay for the shirts why would they enter into contracts? Clubs would just change manufacturer every year on the best deal they could find. I’ve always been under the impression clubs receive money from the manufacturer to wear their shirts and the sponsor for being on the shirt.

Here is a link to the Chelsea story

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/why-chelsea-still-have-three-shirts-b2036918.html?amp

I believe, don't quote me on it, but Nike will pay to manufacture the shirts, then they split the profits on the replica shirt sales.

However it sounds like the club have to pay for their own kits that the players use. Probably at a reduced rate though.