Serial Whingers Notts Forest playtime, which we simply cannot accept.

REDCAR

7 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

If Cooper gets the boot, I think Clowes should do everything possible to bring him to Pride Park. And I hope the gumps don't go for Potter.

I mean I can’t tell if you’re taking the piss or.. 

He’s being with the Palace job in the Premier League, not dropping two divisions down into the third tier. 

46 minutes ago, Red_Dawn said:

He’ll always go down as a legend for what he achieved at NFFC. 

Fluking the playoff final, Spunking 100s of millions of £s on sh!t, Winning 1 game in 11, Sitting on the edge of relegation, Playing shyte football and now telling his friends he's expecting the sack.

Some Fecking legend  tenor.gif?itemid=14171922

1 hour ago, Red_Dawn said:

End of an era really. Steve deserved so much better than what the players served up last night. 

Whatever happens. He’ll always go down as a legend for what he achieved at NFFC. 

Do you really think he achieved all that much? From a neutral standpoint he achieved promotion with a number of top class loan players in a most fortunate manner in a play off final playing a much weaker team than Villa who we had to play. Since then Forest have spent a fortune and struggled continuously. Where is the great achievement?

Just now, Gerry Daly said:

Do you really think he achieved all that much? From a neutral standpoint he achieved promotion with a number of top class loan players in a most fortunate manner in a play off final playing a much weaker team than Villa who we had to play. Since then Forest have spent a fortune and struggled continuously. Where is the great achievement?

Getting a team marooned to the bottom of the championship, 1 point in 7, to the playoff (and almost top 2) has never been achieved before. No-one has even come close.

Obviously the playoffs are a lottery, but again, getting a side who've historically been bottlers in that competition to win? First Forest manager in 23 years to return us to the top flight. 

And then to get that ramshackle side to stay in the league, with all the ridiculous numbers of signings and media circus that followed, again a miracle job.

You lot might downplay it, naturally, but he worked an absolute miracle getting us up and keeping us there. He'll get another great job after us, no doubt. 

21 minutes ago, The Last Post said:

Fluking the playoff final, Spunking 100s of millions of £s on sh!t, Winning 1 game in 11, Sitting on the edge of relegation, Playing shyte football and now telling his friends he's expecting the sack.

Some Fecking legend  tenor.gif?itemid=14171922

I'm right, he pails in consideration to Wayne Rooney, Derby legend for getting you relegated to the third tier (and almost out of football altogether.)

Freedom of the city anyone? 

quiet tim and eric GIF

15 minutes ago, Red_Dawn said:

Getting a team marooned to the bottom of the championship, 1 point in 7, to the playoff (and almost top 2) has never been achieved before. No-one has even come close.

Obviously the playoffs are a lottery, but again, getting a side who've historically been bottlers in that competition to win? First Forest manager in 23 years to return us to the top flight. 

And then to get that ramshackle side to stay in the league, with all the ridiculous numbers of signings and media circus that followed, again a miracle job.

You lot might downplay it, naturally, but he worked an absolute miracle getting us up and keeping us there. He'll get another great job after us, no doubt. 

You are right, in modern terms, he will be held and remembered in fine regards. He was the one thing Forest fans could cling to below the mess of an owner. 

I love the banter as much as anyone, and if there's any pisster be taken, I'll happily jump the queue... but give them and him credit.

In this day and age, getting up there is difficult to say the least, staying there is a massive achievement, and for whatever reasons (3 or more worse teams etc) and whoever finishes the job, staying up a second time is nigh on fantasy land.

OK... yeah... he's pug-ugly... they have extra digits... and pink seats... and inter-relational activities etc, etc... but on this particular topic, I'd rather keep schtum.  As "bad" as things are for them at present, they're well in the lead in the current stage of the A52 Rally! 

I'd do something very unhealthy with my right arm to be in the position they are in right now.

Now, pass me a bucket...

giphy.gif

47 minutes ago, Red_Dawn said:

I'm right, he pails in consideration to Wayne Rooney, Derby legend for getting you relegated to the third tier (and almost out of football altogether.)

Sloth and Spyros have collectively spunked @£150 million to date, while Rooney had an embargo, 50p and a couple of conkers. Hilariously, despite apparently having all the cash in Colombia and the benefit of Cooper's immense tactical nous, here you are getting dry-humped 5-0 by by Premier League behemoths, Fulham.

Absolutely fookin priceless 🤣

2 hours ago, Red_Dawn said:

End of an era really. Steve deserved so much better than what the players served up last night. 

Whatever happens. He’ll always go down as a legend for what he achieved at NFFC. 

Grudgingly taking my Rams hat off for a moment, I think in many ways this for me illustrates what is wrong in the power balance with players vs managers/coaches these days. That was by any reckoning a pretty shambolic effort and for that 90 minutes alone they should hang their heads in shame, but how often do we see the old 'dead man walking' scenario for a manager because the precious players have thrown the toys out of the pram because maybe they were asked to play an unfamiliar role or implement a tactic which isn't like what they used to do at <insert random club name here>

Many of that lot last night should just be bloody grateful that they are plying their trade in the top flight of English football, but even so, they have shown that they can make a better fist of it than last nights absolute s*** show against bang-average lower mid-table Fulham. For the likes of Forest, a drubbing or two in the PL is in inevitability because that is the nature of the power imbalance, but that was pure spinelessness. The manager's fate will be sealed by their actions (or lack of actions) though. I await the inevitable bounce when a new manager is dropped in and the players suddenly (briefly) remember how to play football again while at the same time texting their agent to see if they can shake out something more lucrative elsewhere.