Serial Whingers Notts Forest playtime, which we simply cannot accept.

REDCAR

6 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Every year people make these sort of predictions and nobody has even got close to the 11 points.

There's a whole load of bang average teams down the bottom and if either of Sheff Utd or Luton make use of home advantage they could quite easily stay up as Forest showed last season.

Pretty close.  Didn't Huddersfield get 15 and Villa about the same.  Neither will stay up.  They've invested nothing and will get the same in return.  The money will be spent on clearing Sheff Utds debt and Lutons new ground.  That's fine and wise but they'll get beaten more often than not. 

1 hour ago, TuffLuff said:

Had a little smile to myself this morning about seeing Percy’s article this morning about Cooper pulling off another miracle this season after spending £200 million last season. Was going to post it but decided it wasn’t worthwhile.

This came up a bit later though on my feed which I thought was somewhat interesting. When you think of it neither come across in the best light

another reply below from the other guy but losing so don’t think it’ll embed in time but the quote is :

I see the paranoia of the club from years ago is still around then.

But everyone knows how you operate in the industry.

@GazBraz is well within his rights to sue for libellous but he is too classy for that so you can keep your little stoogy relationship with people at #nffc”

Ok for me this is slightly more interesting than I thought it was but appreciate it won’t be for everyone. So there are Forest fans on Twitter* who are suggesting that Percy is being a mouthpiece for the ownership (no real surprise there) and the article is putting a positive spin on a few concerning bits of news (I don’t know the insides and out of forest business so I’m largely ignoring it for now) l. The bit that grabbed my interest is that Percy’s article throws the former Academy director Gary Brazil under the bus, in a rather unnecessary move to prop up the recently appointed directors from Rangers who don’t have the best reputations north of the border. It’s worth pointing out that Brazil had long term involvement with Forests academy and whilst I don’t agree with how it was managed personally, the money it generated probably stopped Forest getting in serious trouble for a few seasons.

In short this is seen as the ownership being disrespectful to one of its few long standing employees who did a lot of good for their club. For now, it’s interesting I think, both in Percy’s role and reputation and where fan and ownership relations currently are. It’ll most likely blow over for now but don’t be surprised if this becomes something to note back to later on.

*as we know Twitter is Twitter (or X) and you have to take it all with a pinch of salt, but I think like with our saga, that doesn’t mean you should ignore it.

4 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Pretty close.  Didn't Huddersfield get 15 and Villa about the same.  Neither will stay up.  They've invested nothing and will get the same in return.  The money will be spent on clearing Sheff Utds debt and Lutons new ground.  That's fine and wise but they'll get beaten more often than not. 

Don't bother arguing that 4 points is close. The people on here think 2 different results is a yawning chasm that is lightyears away from what we achieved, so its impossible for anyone to ever beat our record from now until the end of time. It will happen eventually - my money is on Sunderland reclaiming the honour next time they get promoted.

On 24/07/2023 at 10:59, Red_Dawn said:

I've a funny feeling Wolves go down this year. Might be worth a punt for those inclined for a cheeky bet.. 

Think Everton will struggle badly again. On about selling Demarai Gray, where are they going to get goals from? Dyche can organise, but will need a miracle to get enough goals to compete. Think Forest will struggle with goals, but again, three teams poorer than them, bottom 6 are very weak

20 minutes ago, Mick Harford said:

Oh dear

Far be it from me to question that fine upstanding publication of balanced righteousness that is the Daily Mail but the article contradicts itself on the player payments - says later on that they are due at the end of August:

"Forest declined to comment. Players who remain at the club are due to be paid their bonuses at the end of August. It is thought that those who have left will received their fees at the same time."

Still hilarious about the agent fees though. Must be shed loads for last season's business.

Edited by Wolfie

12 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

Apparently they value him at 50 million.

I heard someone on talkSPORT say that he’s a potential replacement for Kane at Tottenham, and that forest are looking for about £50mil for him.

That would be the worst bit of business I’ve ever seen. Imagine swapping Kane for Johnson (30 for 9) and having just £30m left to rebuild the rest of the team. 

2 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

I heard someone on talkSPORT say that he’s a potential replacement for Kane at Tottenham, and that forest are looking for about £50mil for him.

That would be the worst bit of business I’ve ever seen. Imagine swapping Kane for Johnson (30 for 9) and having just £30m left to rebuild the rest of the team. 

What kind of moron would sway a central striker and replace them with a winger

1 hour ago, Wolfie said:

Far be it from me to question that fine upstanding publication of balanced righteousness that is the Daily Mail but the article contradicts itself on the player payments - says later on that they are due at the end of August:

"Forest declined to comment. Players who remain at the club are due to be paid their bonuses at the end of August. It is thought that those who have left will received their fees at the same time."

Still hilarious about the agent fees though. Must be shed loads for last season's business.

Don't think it does contradict, players who have left the club were due to be paid their bonuses at the end of July and the players still at the club are due in August, the players that should have been paid already are believed to be paid in August with the current players.

1 hour ago, rynny said:

Don't think it does contradict, players who have left the club were due to be paid their bonuses at the end of July and the players still at the club are due in August, the players that should have been paid already are believed to be paid in August with the current players.

So, technically correct, they are owed, situation is expected to be resolved in the next payment run.

It's not nothing but also not worthy of the dramatic framing?

Still funny.

With the potential to be much funnier at the end of the month. We all remember the fawaz bank holidays.

Edited by RadioactiveWaste