Serial Whingers Notts Forest playtime, which we simply cannot accept.

REDCAR

Credit where it's due but it makes you feel sick thinking of what could've been. The teams we had, the chances we had to go up, then the likes of the dogs, Fulham, Brentford, Brighton etc etc have got themselves up and stayed there. We will be back though!

Ref should have added an extra 20 minutes on at the end to make up for the non-injury stoppages - I know they were desperate to get the win, but that was as bad and as cynical as anything we’ve seen this season…

11 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

I watched the last 30 minutes. What struck me most was how Sky focussed on crowd shots. In the World Cup or Euros you see all these images of beautiful human forms. Clearly the Director at the City Ground had little to work with.

Still, it’s nice Steve Cooper’s brothers and sisters were there to support him.

12 minutes ago, LittleEatonRam said:

They won't get the kind of luck they've had this season in the next. Spent £150m to only just stay up, so they'll either have to spend more or sack Cooper next time around. Given that they have spent next year's money this year, they could end up in trouble.

You don't get lucky over a period of 38 games. They have stayed up on their own merits.

4 minutes ago, LittleEatonRam said:

They won't get the kind of luck they've had this season in the next. Spent £150m to only just stay up, so they'll either have to spend more or sack Cooper next time around. Given that they have spent next year's money this year, they could end up in trouble.

I was saying this at the end of last season!!

In fairness, we were smarting during the summer that they needed to spend money on that squad and they did just that. I mean they could have spent a third, or mainly just forked out for MGW and a few others and still probably be in the same position they are now. What worries me is that type of spending sets a precedent and the gulf between the prem and everyone else widens indefinitely, but it was probably their only option.  

I think you have to throw some credit their way, they’ve been lucky yes but you need luck in that first season. For all we like to think football os constantly evolving, the reality is that our first season in 96/97 we picked up big results home and away and it wasn’t all down to that sides quality.

Their next move is now interesting, MGW will now be marked out of every game next season. Those top sides won’t want to come to The City Ground and make the same mistakes. I sense it’ll need to be a crazy summer again with a lot of outgoings.

43 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Credit where credit is due but to hear it called a fantastic achievement with the money they have spent is laughable.

Knew they were safe the minute Bris Vegas started tipping them for relegation. 

You should have seen my predictions this season.

I had all three promoted teams to go down.

I had Liverpool winning the PL.

I had Norwich to win the Championship.

I had Brazil to win the World Cup.

And to top it off I had Derby to finish in the playoffs. 

I’m horrible at football predictions. But that is the beauty of the sport.

Aside from City sweeping up, it has been a season of so many surprises.

7 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

You should have seen my predictions this season.

I had all three promoted teams to go down.

I had Liverpool winning the PL.

I had Norwich to win the Championship.

I had Brazil to win the World Cup.

And to top it off I had Derby to finish in the playoffs. 

I’m horrible at football predictions. But that is the beauty of the sport.

Aside from City sweeping up, it has been a season of so many surprises.

Then maybe stop doing them?

Just now, TuffLuff said:

Then maybe stop doing them?

Why? 

I’m not very good at e-foiling. But I won’t stop because it’s fun.

We’re all going to die soon. And there is no sequel. So let’s just have fun while lasts and don’t take yourself, or anything else for that matter, so seriously.

That interview with Marinakis was very Mel like. Basically gave himself credit for their survival. And admitted he considered replacing Cooper but couldn’t find anyone better at the time. 

There’s still hope for a f*** up with him as owner. Cooper is a genius so I hope he ends up leaving at some point. Still can’t believe Mel vetoed him coming here. Bellend.

Edited by Millenniumram

Had a feeling they’d win today. It all fell quite nicely for them in the end, Arsenal blowing up, Chelsea tanking but that win against Brighton was massive and a game changer. Yes they’ve been helped by Southampton Leicester Leeds all having complete clusterfuck but 37 points isn’t a bad effort and wouldn’t put it past them to make it to 40 by winning against Palace. 

Unfortunately i think they’re set now for at least another couple of seasons. They’ve wasted £100m but the other £100m they’ve spent quite well. Johnson they already had, Awoniyi, Gibbs White, Danilo, Felipe, Lodi all look good players, rumours are their chairman is going to go mental in transfer market again. I can see them getting top half next season. Sad thing is if you offered me guaranteed promotion but the trade off is Forest get in Europe, I’d take it!!! How s*** is that!!! 

They’ll find their level eventually and end up back in the championship like Leicester will be on Monday, but we’ve got to suck it up for now. But it ain’t all about the premier league, there is a special connection at our club between owner fans and players and good times are around the corner. 

1 hour ago, Bris Vegas said:

Why? 

I’m not very good at e-foiling. But I won’t stop because it’s fun.

We’re all going to die soon. And there is no sequel. So let’s just have fun while lasts and don’t take yourself, or anything else for that matter, so seriously.

It was only meant light hearted mate…

1 hour ago, LittleEatonRam said:

Absolutely

how many of their home wins came after the oppostion passed up a spot kick to givr them the lead.. as we know goals change games

west ham, brentford, palace just off the top of my head.

they got 2 pens at home yo brighton, benefited from a freak og, theyre luck has been rediculous.

they think coopers a genius but its s*** house football that only lasts so long.. ie when the luck runs out 

sitting back with 10 men behind the ballat home to burnley wont be acceptable next year and it wont be long til their doing what they do best at half time having a good old booo 

26 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Had a feeling they’d win today. It all fell quite nicely for them in the end, Arsenal blowing up, Chelsea tanking but that win against Brighton was massive and a game changer. Yes they’ve been helped by Southampton Leicester Leeds all having complete clusterfuck but 37 points isn’t a bad effort and wouldn’t put it past them to make it to 40 by winning against Palace. 

Unfortunately i think they’re set now for at least another couple of seasons. They’ve wasted £100m but the other £100m they’ve spent quite well. Johnson they already had, Awoniyi, Gibbs White, Danilo, Felipe, Lodi all look good players, rumours are their chairman is going to go mental in transfer market again. I can see them getting top half next season. Sad thing is if you offered me guaranteed promotion but the trade off is Forest get in Europe, I’d take it!!! How s*** is that!!! 

They’ll find their level eventually and end up back in the championship like Leicester will be on Monday, but we’ve got to suck it up for now. But it ain’t all about the premier league, there is a special connection at our club between owner fans and players and good times are around the corner. 

I feel ur pain