Serial Whingers Notts Forest playtime, which we simply cannot accept.

REDCAR

Premier league football at its worst. Boring side to side and backwards passing. 

That Forest team are stacked with athletes rather than football players. Absolutely no creativity in that defence or midfield. 

As for Villa, they used to be a decent watch but they don't seem to be able to work out what type of team they are. Coutinho is a shadow of the player he was at Liverpool. 

2 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

With home advantage, one point at home to fellow strugglers Villa has got to be yet another disappoinment.

Sad ?

???????

I wonder if later on in the season they may regret not actually having a go in this match.

A very poor show from both teams.

3 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

With home advantage, one point at home to fellow strugglers Villa has got to be yet another disappoinment.

Sad ?

???????

One point from a run of Bournemouth, Fulham and Villa at home spells trouble.

The list of ‘winnable’ games are getting smaller. They won’t pick up more than two away wins all season. So they need to be getting at least eight wins at home.

They probably need to beat all of Brentford, Palace, Leicester, Wolves, Leeds and Southampton at home. That isn’t going to happen.

34 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Forest just look poor. 

This is the most striking thing for me. All joking and banter aside, they really do look shyte. Literally the only time they remotely threatened, is when Villa gifted them possession in a poor positions. Where's the money gone? You've got Lingard, who appears to have retired to become a Tik Tok influencer, Gibbs-White who is completely anonymous, Neco Williams who runs hard, but most often forgets to take the ball with him when he does so and Brennan Johnson has the look of a man thinking, 'why the feck did I sign up for another three years with this shower.' It's an absolute train crash and a £150 million one at that.

What a time to be alive. ?

5 minutes ago, De22Ram said:

Look, i know we all hate forest here but clearly there european super squad is lulling the premier league into a false sense of security before there push for a european place later in the season! 

The long term contract for handsom steve cooper has clearly been a mis step as now the squad are going to have to be extra bad to get rid of him, but I;m sure they'll redouble ther efforts soon.

Not a bad result for them to be honest.  Lose and you struggle to make up 7 points.  Draw keeps them 4 behind.  Wolves is a huge game for them and they should be in with a shout, they look ass this year.  Lose however and it's possibly a season killer with the few games after.  Win and their still in it, possibly well in it depending on results. 

3 hours ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

This is the most striking thing for me. All joking and banter aside, they really do look shyte. Literally the only time they remotely threatened, is when Villa gifted them possession in a poor positions. Where's the money gone? You've got Lingard, who appears to have retired to become a Tik Tok influencer, Gibbs-White who is completely anonymous, Neco Williams who runs hard, but most often forgets to take the ball with him when he does so and Brennan Johnson has the look of a man thinking, 'why the feck did I sign up for another three years with this shower.' It's an absolute train crash and a £150 million one at that.

What a time to be alive. ?

Spot on. Forest didn’t look remotely dangerous going forward. I think Dennis lost the ball more times than he played an accurate pass. He scored the goal, but his ability in open play was terrible.

I don’t know why Forest signed MGW. The commentators even made the point of his shooting being a weak point to his game. Why is he occupying an attacking position? Seems they spent some £30m on a player just to take set-plays and run around.

Villa were poor. You only need to take a look at the forums and BBC HYS page to see several Villa fans aren’t impressed with Gerrard. Yet they still looked comfortably better than Forest in pretty much every department.

Cooper set his side up to contain Villa and hope for the best. That’s how far off it they are as Villa are one of the poorest sides in the PL away from home.

It’s the problem we had of being promoted unexpectedly and not really having any kind of plan.

although their manager at least doesn’t seem to be at war with the board like Billy Davies was 

Mel Morris on the other hand seemed to be spending and planning on the PL before we actually got there 

1 minute ago, I am Ram said:

Worst prem game I've watched in a while, Forest couldn't play, Villa wouldn't play. Both going down. 

Currently it’s hard to find three worse sides in the premiership - I think Southampton will be down there whilst Bournemouth are doing better than most thought they would, Wolves have a chance because they never look like scoring a goal 

1 hour ago, Sparkle said:

Currently it’s hard to find three worse sides in the premiership - I think Southampton will be down there whilst Bournemouth are doing better than most thought they would, Wolves have a chance because they never look like scoring a goal 

Unforunately this season gives Forest a better chance of staying up than normal - there are 6-7 teams that are just not clicking this year. If Forest can pull a couple of results out of the bag (unlikely on last night's showing), they could escape relegation simply because they are not quite as awful as some of the other dross on show.....

They’ve only gone & done it again…the butt of a David Squires cartoon for a 2nd time. That’s some achievement! 

A9FCD467-D782-41FC-A43E-B9912E94F32A.png
https://www.theguardian.com/football/ng-interactive/2022/oct/11/david-squires-on-arsenal-90s-revival-and-newcastle-independence-day?CMP=share_btn_link

Edited by Ellafella