Curtis Davies - signed 1-year deal

YouRams

4 minutes ago, bucktwo said:

If he does re sign I can't see him completing another full season , at his age he will be completely lacquered. 

I think his career could have a few more highlights before it dyes.

Massive, massive, massive. IMO Davies is one of the best leaders of men the club has ever had. He exemplifies what a professional is. 

I’m absolutely delighted with the business we’ve done so far considering where we were not 2 weeks ago. 

whoever’s lined these players up and convinced others to stay needs a bloody big pat on the back. 

ive got that buzz back again and it feels ******* fantastic!

40 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Take it with the usual pinch of salt but this account has been pretty spot on with DCFC news recently... 

I can’t work out whether I trust that account or not, but you’re right they have got some Derby news right over the past week. So either have some knowledge or very good at piecing together clues from elsewhere and making solid guesses.

Either way Curtis signing on if/when it does happen is a key bit of business in my opinion. He brings that continuity around what the club means and would share that with the new squad members, is a born leader whether named captain or not and would make sure standards are met within the squad which is key for Rosenior as a novice manager, and he did of course show last season that he’s still got it. Played every game, was consistent, headers, blocks, chipped in with a few goals and I seem to recall one outrageous moment of skill too. One year or two we need him at the club. ?