Pre season training 22/23

RoyMac5

Curtis is a bloody legend. You just knew he would turn up regardless. The man is unequivocal.

Props to Fozzy, Stearman and CKR too, even though I'm surprised the last 2 weren't on the released list.

We could do worse than getting Curtis and CKR on the coaching staff in the next 12 months.

Curtis seems integral to the fabric of this squad - we talk about Liam being continuity after Wazza walked, but Davies is a key part of any model going forward - universally respected, a great ambassador, and seemingly with both the intelligence and drive to move from mentor to coach and possibly further up.

CKR also seems to have a good attitude/positive outlook that would translate well.

Interesting that there's no mention of Bird or Buchanan. The way things are going lately I expect to be told that we've finally been taken over and then an hour later that they've walked away for free thanks to a loophole.

11 hours ago, dcfcreece1601 said:

Between them 3 and cashin i would be really happy starting the season with them as the back 4

I think we are still limited to 1 year contract extensions whilst under admin according to some poxy EFL a rule or other.  Which might suit the oldies but for the younger players we need to be out of admin to offer them proper deals. 

3 hours ago, Rample said:

Curtis is a bloody legend. You just knew he would turn up regardless. The man is unequivocal.

Props to Fozzy, Stearman and CKR too, even though I'm surprised the last 2 weren't on the released list.

We could do worse than getting Curtis and CKR on the coaching staff in the next 12 months.

Curtis seems integral to the fabric of this squad - we talk about Liam being continuity after Wazza walked, but Davies is a key part of any model going forward - universally respected, a great ambassador, and seemingly with both the intelligence and drive to move from mentor to coach and possibly further up.

CKR also seems to have a good attitude/positive outlook that would translate well.

Interesting that there's no mention of Bird or Buchanan. The way things are going lately I expect to be told that we've finally been taken over and then an hour later that they've walked away for free thanks to a loophole.

It only mentions players who are out of contract doesn’t it? Neither Bird nor Buchanan are out of contract. 

5 hours ago, Rample said:

Based on some things I’ve been told and things the man himself has said/done I think his post football career is planned for the media. I think you’re right in that he’d make an excellent coach/manager just not sure it’s what he has planned for himself.

I do think he’s integral along with CKR for this season. Where a lot of us suspect Rosenior has the coaching/tactical nous to tap into as the Manager, I think having Curtis as club captain and CKR in the squad will go some way to motivating and driving the players standards/behaviours on and off the pitch.

50 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Based on some things I’ve been told and things the man himself has said/done I think his post football career is planned for the media. I think you’re right in that he’d make an excellent coach/manager just not sure it’s what he has planned for himself.

I do think he’s integral along with CKR for this season. Where a lot of us suspect Rosenior has the coaching/tactical nous to tap into as the Manager, I think having Curtis as club captain and CKR in the squad will go some way to motivating and driving the players standards/behaviours on and off the pitch.

CKr worked with rosenior before I think about Reading.

13 minutes ago, Big Trav said:

No training pictures/ interviews mean 1 of 2 things. Either no one’s really turned up or they’re a s**** ton of trailists and we don’t want to show them in case they get pinched by another club

I buy into the third scenario that some turned up (CKR and Curtis for example) but others didn't. No videos, photos or interviews are being posted in order to avoid unhèlpul speculation as to who may or may not be staying/joining whilst conversations may be continuing. A very sensible approach IMO if true. 

1 hour ago, PistoldPete said:

CKr worked with rosenior before I think about Reading.

Rosenior has spent his entire career in England, playing for Bristol City, Fulham, Toquay, Reading, Ipswich, Hull and Brighton.
Kazim's English club's were QPR, Arsenal, Bury, Brighton, Sheff Utd, Blackburn and Derby

Rosenior was at Brighton 2015-2018, Kazim 2005-2006

14 hours ago, roboto said:

Would want a proper right back in there. Don’t think Stearman has the place to play out wide.

Personally I don't think Stearman has the anything to play anywhere as a regular starter.

Hasn't really gained anything mentally with experience to compensate for what he's physically lost.

5-10 minutes off the bench for "Bucko Time" sure, but any more than that and I'll be s******* myself every week.

10 minutes ago, Coconut's Beard said:

Personally I don't think Stearman has the anything to play anywhere as a regular starter.

Hasn't really gained anything mentally with experience to compensate for what he's physically lost.

5-10 minutes off the bench for "Bucko Time" sure, but any more than that and I'll be s******* myself every week.

I think that's a bit harsh there was several games last season where he played the full 90 minutes,  the 2-0 win against sheff utd being one , played 90 against forest , so this season having him as an option with Davies and cashin is pivotal over a season spanning around 50 games with cup fixtures 

4 hours ago, PistoldPete said:

It only mentions players who are out of contract doesn’t it? Neither Bird nor Buchanan are out of contract. 

Several articles specifically mentioned Bielik, Knight and Sibley being expected back in training, so the lack of the other names coupled with unsubstantiated gossip about the 2 above in particular looking at cancelling their contracts seemed a little suspicious.

20 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I buy into the third scenario that some turned up (CKR and Curtis for example) but others didn't. No videos, photos or interviews are being posted in order to avoid unhèlpul speculation as to who may or may not be staying/joining whilst conversations may be continuing. A very sensible approach IMO if true. 

As well as several were away on international duty so are on holiday I suspect 

13 minutes ago, Coconut's Beard said:

If he's cheap he's versatile and would count as an 'experienced player' for the Papa John's trophy, and a decent enough stop gap for the first team to cover injuries, suspensions and game management. Also think I heard last year he was good to have around the dressing room too.

18 minutes ago, dcfcreece1601 said:

I think that's a bit harsh there was several games last season where he played the full 90 minutes,  the 2-0 win against sheff utd being one , played 90 against forest , so this season having him as an option with Davies and cashin is pivotal over a season spanning around 50 games with cup fixtures 

That isn't being a regular starter though.

He's a disaster waiting to happen probably twice as much as Keogh ever was.

Edited by Coconut's Beard

27 minutes ago, Rample said:

Several articles specifically mentioned Bielik, Knight and Sibley being expected back in training, so the lack of the other names coupled with unsubstantiated gossip about the 2 above in particular looking at cancelling their contracts seemed a little suspicious.

The gossip was Byrne and Buchanan - the two players who activated 1 year extensions