Pre season training 22/23

RoyMac5

Or does pre season start late June? Much later and the season starts! ?

"Down at Moor Farm Training Ground, work has been ongoing on the first-team and Academy pitches over the last few weeks to make sure they are ready for pre-season training towards the end of June."

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2022/05/pitch-work-begins-as-rams-start-202223-preparations

50 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Or does pre season start late June? Much later and the season starts! ?

"Down at Moor Farm Training Ground, work has been ongoing on the first-team and Academy pitches over the last few weeks to make sure they are ready for pre-season training towards the end of June."

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2022/05/pitch-work-begins-as-rams-start-202223-preparations

7 weeks off, 5 weeks pre-season

34 minutes ago, Rampant said:

Early to mid June can't be right can it? They've only just finished. I'd have thought the first week of July and even that doesn't feel like enough of a rest.

It's usually the end of June / start of July, first game being mid-July.

The season starts a week or so earlier this season, so pre-season will start a week earlier too.

3 hours ago, Rampant said:

Early to mid June can't be right can it? They've only just finished. I'd have thought the first week of July and even that doesn't feel like enough of a rest.

World cup is screwing with all the dates. Season starts in July this year.

• 3 weeks later...

"He added: “If we go back in at Derby, we’re meant to be back in on the 27th. We don’t have an owner, therefore we don’t know the squad. I think we have five players under contract. I’m extremely concerned because if you’re a fan and sitting at home and you’re sitting reading the reports, and you’re reading that the players are reading the same reports to get their information, then you’d have to be worried. You’d be silly not to be worried.

“I literally scroll through Twitter every morning and search for ‘Derby County.’ That’s what I do, that’s the god’s honest truth. The big thing was the takeover was meant to happen on Tuesday last week and then there was talk of a delay based on American and English Bank Holidays with the Jubilee blah, blah, blah. It’s not happened, a week on.”

Asked how Derby can attract players at this time, he said: “It’s all, we call it fugazi like in Wolf of Wall Street. As much as there’s offers and potential talks, until you see a contract in front of you, it’s up in the dust as they say. It’s up in the clouds.

“These players might want to be there and players we haven’t got at the moment might want to sign for Derby County, but if you’re a free agent and you don’t see an offer how do you know a club wants you?

“It’s difficult to go on talk. The only reality is seeing a contract in front of you and being able to sign it.”

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/derby-county-takeover-chris-kirchner-7189910

• 2 weeks later...