Pre season training 22/23

RoyMac5

2 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Agree, even as a bench option like he was for much of last season (when fit), he tends to make an impact on the game when he comes on.

Let's face it, we need all the bodies we can at the moment so there isn't any of Davies, Stearman, Fozzy, Ravel, CKR, (Lawrence) that I wouldn't keep for this season if they want to stay.

Bodies and their experience too. Having a spine of the players you mention like CKR, Ravel and Davies with younger, mobile players alongside them would be a good solid side to consolidate this season.

Finally RD move from PP to Moor Farm - not a great deal happening atm, can hear the road noise so it must be true.

RD there since 09:30 but asking security (since 05:30) say only Colin has gone in so far. There are u18s and u23s plus ground staff in. Still waiting on the others, inc Liam.

Woohoo Carl Jackson has been at Moor Farm, left at 10:22.

Edited by RoyMac5

29 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Agree, even as a bench option like he was for much of last season (when fit), he tends to make an impact on the game when he comes on.

Let's face it, we need all the bodies we can at the moment so there isn't any of Davies, Stearman, Fozzy, Ravel, CKR, (Lawrence) that I wouldn't keep for this season if they want to stay.

We still have to manage the wage bill. CKr and fozzy were on high wages I believe so would have to take a pay cut if they are to stay on. 

Isnt the first day back usually when they only have a group of five or six in at one time to do their fitness checks?

Probably told them to all come in together after lunch and get it done in one go. That is ofcourse presuming we have a fitness coach who’s organised it all!

Just now, Norman said:

I'd like to think it's been postponed for a few days so we can sort out contracts, management, coaches, trialists. 

I presume CKR is is for injury treatment, but I could be wrong. 

Has anyone been down Allestree Park?

(or maybe Kedleston Rd, didn't we do fitness checking down there one season?)