Season Tickets 2022-23

WystonRam

57 minutes ago, 68 Guns said:

With no Direct Debit available that's me and my 3 boys out. I've not got £1300 lying around. 

Looks like I'll be watching @Owen87ITKthis year.

Gutted

Don’t feel too down, there’s still a chance the club will offer a Direct Debit option as the site says “not currently an option”.
Maybe they’ve rushed to get tickets on sale with these payment options being straightforward and need a little more time to set up direct debit options? Could be that in a week or two there will be that option and as it’s before 29/07 you would still have your seats reserved too. Could be that it’s just not an option but as always without the full facts yet I say Wait and see ? 

1 hour ago, uttoxram75 said:

Continuous since PP opened.

I should have a fecking box!

Some achievement! 

I did have a ST from PPS opening, but it had to be sacrificed in leaner times for my parents.

Bought my first solo one in the 13/14 season after coming back from uni. After the first half of the Ipswich game I distinctly remember loudly questioning my decision... then loving life on deforestation day!

1 hour ago, DCFC1388 said:

Not possible to get a credit card to pay outright then pay them off monthly like a direct debit?

No. Unfortunately not. The beauty of the old direct debit system was that it didn't discriminate against those with a less than perfect financial past. 

6 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

Agree with @B4ev6is
They reserve all 21/22 ST seats for renewal, so even if you can/do relocate, you'd be limited as where to move to (Non-21/22 ST seats).  They usually have a few days of "Relocating" after the reserve date, and before general sale.  No idea whether that will apply this year, given the time constraints.

Best bet is to renew for now, then relocate when appropriate.  

I was wondering about this.

looking to move onto the row behind me (chat to the people more than who I’m sat next to) so safest bet would be to renew in my usual seat online tomorrow, then email the club to change seats maybe week or so later?

4 hours ago, Roots Manuva said:

I was wondering about this.

looking to move onto the row behind me (chat to the people more than who I’m sat next to) so safest bet would be to renew in my usual seat online tomorrow, then email the club to change seats maybe week or so later?

I’d say so, but might have to wait longer?
keep an eye out for an announcement for a relocating period. 
looks like all last season’s ST’s are reserved until July 29th, so every one of those will remain out of bounds to you until then. 

obviously if your target seat wasn’t a ST last season, it should be available right away, and they may allow you to swap straight away, subject to you being able to contact them and their workload?  ?‍♂️

best of luck. ?

7 hours ago, 68 Guns said:

With no Direct Debit available that's me and my 3 boys out. I've not got £1300 lying around. 

Looks like I'll be watching @Owen87ITKthis year.

Gutted

It's not an either or scenario surely. If you can't afford the up front cost of a season ticket, then why not go on a match by match basis?

22 minutes ago, Carnero said:

It's not an either or scenario surely. If you can't afford the up front cost of a season ticket, then why not go on a match by match basis?

Absolutely, but it doesn't guarantee we all get to sit together. My eldest is in the South Stand, I won't be able to get him the same seat every week so I'll buy his season ticket. The rest of us sit with family and friends, that might now not be possible.

1 minute ago, 68 Guns said:

Absolutely, but it doesn't guarantee we all get to sit together. My eldest is in the South Stand, I won't be able to get him the same seat every week so I'll buy his season ticket. The rest of us sit with family and friends, that might now not be possible.

Ah yes of course, i see your point. Hopefully there will be news regarding the direct debit option ASAP, I'm sure the club are on the case.

On the no DD option…..In current times of financial hardship for many I don’t think the best advice is telling people to take out credit cards. Whilst the principal is the same in paying it back, the temptation or necessity to use is it for other things is there. 

When I read the press release I assumed it wouldn’t be an option all season, not something they were hoping to have in place. Some clarity on that would be useful so people know where they stand and can decide what to do. 

Match by match for now could be an option for some and then look at a half season ticket with Christmas money.

1 minute ago, DerbyRevolution said:

On the no DD option…..In current times of financial hardship for many I don’t think the best advice is telling people to take out credit cards. Whilst the principal is the same in paying it back, the temptation or necessity to use is it for other things is there. 

When I read the press release I assumed it wouldn’t be an option all season, not something they were hoping to have in place. Some clarity on that would be useful so people know where they stand and can decide what to do. 

Agree with your first point, credit cards can be a slippery slope. This is the wording on the official site which to me reads as there could still be an option in time or at the very least some clarity as to why not;

Direct Debit

The option for supporters to purchase via Direct Debit is unfortunately not currently available. The club will provide an update on this situation when it is able to do so.

I did a bit of Googling this morning and can’t see a reason for a new company not to have a direct debit option, as in no rules that say a business cannot. So maybe it’s just taking time to finalise the details and it will be an option in the near future? Or maybe not. As with so much relating to Derby it’s wait and see time