Season Tickets 2022-23

WystonRam

2 hours ago, Foreveram said:

That’s ok if you intend to go to all or most of the games but if you missed 5 games it would be cheaper to buy individually.

I had that dilemma for many years, when I lived too far away to guarantee I could get to more than 15 home games, but I always took the view that I'd rather secure my seat for the season than have to constantly pick new ones. Now, at least, the discount works for me.

2 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

Some people aren’t buying based on value for money and price per ticket. Some are buying to support the club.

I think that I've shown support for the club over those 40 years, including the 3rd division days, travelling from Birmingham for every game. But, it doesn't stop me being able to feel aggrieved if part time supporters who pick and choose their games didn't have to pay some kind of premium over the season ticket holders, some like myself, who have had their season ticket on auto renew for the last few years.

2 hours ago, ram59 said:

New season tickets for the East and West stands are £468 or just over £20 per game. It would make no sense to purchase a season ticket in that case. I'll also repeat what I said earlier, the club have advertised the season tickets as a percentage saving over match day prices, so they're committed to these prices.

My season ticket is costing just under £18 per game, not much of a saving over £20 for someone, who has held a season ticket for over 40 consecutive years. After missing 2 or 3 games each season, I would be out of pocket. 

I'm all for incentives to fill the ground, but taylor them to benefit season ticket holders (ie; bring a guest for £10 for unattractive games)

Also, by trying to attract more 'fans', what kind of fans will we be attracting? I'd much rather have 25,000 unconditionally backing the team, as opposed to 30,000 with 1,000 moaning at every misplaced pass.

Depends on where you sit Ram59. You're comparing an east Stand seat with a corner seat here.

I wouldn't have an issue with a behind goal seat/corner seat only being £20. I'm actually surprised they have continued the policy of charging more for the corners, which I assume is to benefit from sales to away fans who are paying spectators (not ST holders). However, we're not in the Championship anymore and I suspect away followings will be a lot less over the season as a whole.

5 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Depends on where you sit Ram59. You're comparing an east Stand seat with a corner seat here.

I wouldn't have an issue with a behind goal seat/corner seat only being £20. I'm actually surprised they have continued the policy of charging more for the corners, which I assume is to benefit from sales to away fans who are paying spectators (not ST holders). However, we're not in the Championship anymore and I suspect away followings will be a lot less over the season as a whole.

A lot of away fans will be coming to us as their “big day out”

9 minutes ago, rammieib said:

My argument is against having the suggested price cap of £20 across the board. I have no problem with having the cheapest seats maxing out at £20.

I agree that the NE corner should be priced the same as the north stand, but the downside is that the away fans would also benefit from this. The SW corner is different, as the view and atmosphere are superior to that of the NE corner, I've had season tickets in both and this will be my first in the East stand.

30 minutes ago, ram59 said:

I think that I've shown support for the club over those 40 years, including the 3rd division days, travelling from Birmingham for every game. But, it doesn't stop me being able to feel aggrieved if part time supporters who pick and choose their games didn't have to pay some kind of premium over the season ticket holders, some like myself, who have had their season ticket on auto renew for the last few years.

I intended no criticism of you ram59. You and others like you are the lifeblood of the club.

There will always be fans who visit occasionally. I am one of them because of where I live. 

This year we very nearly saw the end of something we love dearly (and perhaps took a little for granted).

During the turmoil many on here were offering to send money. I think that sentiment remains and for those lucky enough to be able to afford it. I suspect they would pay more for the season ticket just to make sure we survive.

There will always be annoying inconsistencies with any commodity. Train prices drive me nuts ?

4 hours ago, Rich3478 said:

My season ticket is £372, well below £20 a game. Would be fine with being the price for away fans all season, and any general sale tickets. Think £20 is ample for a league one game of football

Which stand are you in, can’t see any prices of £372

4 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

That's what I paid x2. 

Move up to full fan status after this season, so a bit more knocked off. 

Left my money in during Covid, and in that time my lad went from young adult to full price, I was expecting them to charge the difference when we returned, but they didn't bother. 

I know people have differing views when it comes to pricing, but personally I couldn't care less what anyone else pays, especially visiting supporters.

I thought the pricing was pretty spot on before this new system, better seats equalled more cash, seemed fair enough. 

I relocated last season from East lower near the 18yd line, to SW Upper, but if I hadn't I'd certainly be moving higher up this time around. It seems a wee bit daft to charge the same for front row near the corner flag than front row on the half way line, never mind further back with a better view. 

I'd be more than happy to cap away fans at £20 all season, if reciprocal agreements are reached.

I’m not too happy about my season ticket price. Even with my 10+ season discount my renewal has increased (from my 2020/21 renewal) due to the stadium recategorisation and the club getting rid of cheaper season tickets for disabled supporters (we paid category D price regardless of where we sat (although South Stand supporters paid category E). Feels unfair to be honest because as a wheelchair user I’m limited to where I can sit and now pay the top price in the stadium.

My car park pass has also increased by 62% from 2020/21 (although it does now include cup matches (no guarantee we will be in the cups long enough to get our money’s worth out of that)).

4 hours ago, Will the Ram said:

I’m not too happy about my season ticket price. Even with my 10+ season discount my renewal has increased (from my 2020/21 renewal) due to the stadium recategorisation and the club getting rid of cheaper season tickets for disabled supporters (we paid category D price regardless of where we sat (although South Stand supporters paid category E). Feels unfair to be honest because as a wheelchair user I’m limited to where I can sit and now pay the top price in the stadium.

My car park pass has also increased by 62% from 2020/21 (although it does now include cup matches (no guarantee we will be in the cups long enough to get our money’s worth out of that)).

Ive had similar issues and may write to the club. Maybe there were too many categories before but to discriminate against disabled supporters, though accidental, isn't on.