Ryan Allsop - Signed for Cardiff City

Bubbles

1 hour ago, Mckram said:

To be fair I thought he was more like 32/33 and might be looking for that final decent 3 year contract.

Now I know he’s 29 I fear even more that he will leave. Most of his appearances have been league 1 so at that age he will be looking to push himself you’d have thought. 

He will be looking to cash in in terms of wages whilst Cardiff are reducing their wage bill - his choice so if he stays that’s great but he owes us nothing but I would like to keep him and Roos or at least one of them 

7 hours ago, Sparkle said:

He will be looking to cash in in terms of wages whilst Cardiff are reducing their wage bill - his choice so if he stays that’s great but he owes us nothing but I would like to keep him and Roos or at least one of them 

I walked from the car park to the ground with a couple of Cardiff fans for the last game. They were telling me that their club were imposing a £12k a week wage cap (obviously they’re ITK).

3 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

I walked from the car park to the ground with a couple of Cardiff fans for the last game. They were telling me that their club were imposing a £12k a week wage cap (obviously they’re ITK).

I think this was their last year of parachute payments, so they need to reduce costs.

£12k still a lot more than we will be offering though given the strict business plan we've agreed to. 

4 minutes ago, GenBr said:

I think this was their last year of parachute payments, so they need to reduce costs.

£12k still a lot more than we will be offering though given the strict business plan we've agreed to. 

Yep. I think they were after sympathy but were then horrified by our wage constraints.

• 4 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

So Rooney saying everyone wanted to stay was not quite right then?

Not sure it’s a binary as that. I suspect there are plenty of the players who want to stay, Allsop may have been one of them, however what they need to do for themselves and their employment is a different matter. Cardiff have given him a contract at Championship level wages for two years, it offers him security that we simply cannot. 

my worry is he will be the first of many.

i am sure some players do genuinely want to stay, but the core players will feel they are good enough for the championship and will want to play there unfortunately.

2 minutes ago, Keepyuppy said:

Once the Takeover collapsed on Monday , it changes everything - players need to secure employment and that possibility with Derby evaporated on Monday. Players have families and bills to pay like the rest of us and if some kind of immediate security appears, then they have to take it, who wouldn’t !! 

I agree. There will still be some willing to stay, those with more of a connection to the club perhaps (thinking Davies, Cashin, Thommo) however there will be others who are offered deals and have to take their decisions. The Kirchner deal collapsing is going to be the catalyst for a few definitely moving on now in my opinion.

Ah s**t, there's going to be so many leaving, isn't there? Allsop was one of the ones I was more confident of keeping ?

I can see Morrison, CKR, Lawrence, Roos, and Ebiowei all leaving on frees. Byrne, Buchanan, Knight, and Bielik getting sold/loaned out.

I do hope we can bring back Thompson, Davies, and Cashin though.

Edited by Scott129