Ryan Allsop - Signed for Cardiff City

Bubbles

Somewhat surprised he’s gone to Cardiff in the end, there’s a lot of competition for the GK place there, would have thought he’d find a better option. Always expected him to get a Championship move though, irrespective of Kirchner f****** us over tbf. 

Good luck to him, can’t hold any Ill will towards any player leaving this shower for somewhere they’re actually guaranteed to get paid.

GK is another position we now definitely need another new signing in then.

Edited by Millenniumram

Shame he's gone but at this point who can blame him or anyone else for jumping ship. I can really see another relegation to league 2 heading our way unless a deal is done quickly as the lack of preparation time and the exodus of players takes its toll. 

Can’t blame him, everyone needs to know they’ve got a wage coming in. Real shame we’ve lost him, he really grew as the season went on.

1 hour ago, PistoldPete said:

So Rooney saying everyone wanted to stay was not quite right then?

Of course not, I said at the time, it was a tactical move from a good manager.

He was protecting his players.

What he was saying was "every play WOULD LOVE to play for this club,  but, unless we can match their wage demands and ambition, the majority will be off".

50 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Hang on for what? Have we not offered him a new contract? 

If we have offered a contract what are we going to pay said contract with? Charity donations?

These players can't keep waiting on the off chance that we get taken over. They need to secure their own futures and they've got no guarantee that we can even pay them for this month yet.

Really disappointing to lose him but he is one guy who is older and probably doesn’t have that much money in the bank looking at his career but signed only a one year deal. That makes it even more important to keep Roos it seems 

Disappointing as I reckon we could've got him signed on for next season if it wasn't for that dastardly CK. Hate to be Captain Negative now but I imagine we'll struggle to retain any of the players out of contract. 

Could well end up playing the youngsters the first few matches and it may well be a panic near deadline day once a takeover has happened to bring in a few more experienced players. But none of which would have been part of last years Herculean efforts. 

5 minutes ago, TomTom92 said:

Disappointing as I reckon we could've got him signed on for next season if it wasn't for that dastardly CK. Hate to be Captain Negative now but I imagine we'll struggle to retain any of the players out of contract. 

None of Roos, Foulkes, Davies, Stearman, Cashin, Forsyth, LThompson, Watson, Ravel, Lawrence, Ebiowei, Festy or Kazim? Really?

5 minutes ago, TomTom92 said:

Could well end up playing the youngsters the first few matches and it may well be a panic near deadline day once a takeover has happened to bring in a few more experienced players. But none of which would have been part of last years Herculean efforts. 

So Byrne, Buchanan, Bielik, Bird, Knight and Sibley weren't a major part of last season?

1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

None of Roos, Foulkes, Davies, Stearman, Cashin, Forsyth, LThompson, Watson, Ravel, Lawrence, Ebiowei, Festy or Kazim? Really?

So Byrne, Buchanan, Bielik, Bird, Knight and Sibley weren't a major part of last season?

Unless you know something the rest of us dont then yes i'd expect we'd struggle to keep a lot of those in the first list. We can't offer contracts and we can't even guarantee we can pay them unless our mysterious benefactor steps in. Until we have a confirmed buyer we are going to be at major risk of losing all of those players. They cant wait forever