World Cup Qatar

Bris Vegas

8 hours ago, Stive Pesley said:

"Everybody" talking about it? OK - but who out of "everybody" was actually trying to do something that highlighted the issue, had a chance of making a real difference by having one of the world's most famous footballing icons actually take a positive stand, and also donated a decent chunk of cash to charity

I get it - some people just don't like having gay men force things down their throat 

image.png.5cd5ccb89ecfc098e698edc63a52053f.png

Didn't even know he was gay to be honest, nor do I care.

Do you honestly think his self publicity stunt has highlighted any issue that people were not already aware of?

43 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Australia trying to do a Derby under Rooney or Rosenior, the short goalkick to the keeper and playing out against the high press. And found wanting in exactly the same way, as we've seen over and over. 2-1 to the French.

You mean the tactic that cost us 1 goal in a year? That was more successful than it was a failure? You don't have to be intelligent to see the purpose of the short goal kick, I can guarantee they were more successful than booting it long. For example, from every goal kick analyzed in the 2020/21 season, if you took a short goal kick, the sequence ended up on average 20 meters higher up the pitch than a long goal kick. Here's some stats for teams that took goal kicks to the keeper rather than keeper to defender - they had more progression doing it this way than they did from GK > CB ?

image.thumb.png.d7f5c32bc6b7bac34aef5da24f646219.png

5 minutes ago, Jubbs said:

You mean the tactic that cost us 1 goal in a year? That was more successful than it was a failure? You don't have to be intelligent to see the purpose of the short goal kick, I can guarantee they were more successful than booting it long. For example, from every goal kick analyzed in the 2020/21 season, if you took a short goal kick, the sequence ended up on average 20 meters higher up the pitch than a long goal kick. Here's some stats for teams that took goal kicks to the keeper rather than keeper to defender - they had more progression doing it this way than they did from GK > CB ?

image.thumb.png.d7f5c32bc6b7bac34aef5da24f646219.png

Did we have a lot in common with the teams on that graph, personnel wise?

I'm not knocking the argument, btw, just the evidence you've produced to illustrate it.